Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hi:some might think this not a truck, but i feel like maybe it is:dunno:eek:nly with a permanent cap on the back half.
anyways we have fell in love with our first Honda Pilot. so we decided to move up in the yrs that they made em in the bigger size, as in 2016 Honda changed them drastically in size. so i did not want the smaller version of them. no room. heres a few pics of what we came home with. moms new honda pilot.jpg moms new honda.jpg moms new honda pilot sitting athe house.jpg it's a 2015 yr, with 34,000 miles on it.

so to DRobinson-and Ilmo-here they finally are-ok. it just takes a while for me :banghead::mocking:

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Nice ride Big Jim! Best of luck and may you have many thousands of trouble-free miles ahead. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That looks a lot bigger than I imagined. I like the front end :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice ride Big Jim! Best of luck and may you have many thousands of trouble-free miles ahead. :thumbup1gif:
thanks-and i hope to not have any trouble up to the 105,000 mile mark. then the timing belt and a few other things get changed out. i had it done to our old one.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking ride there BigJim.
Your wife should really enjoy hauling you around in the new Pilot. :good2:

:drama: i sure wished she did-but after her hauling me up and down the expressway in downtown Pittsburgh, Pa. i totally have the driving duties if i'm along. i messed up big time back then, so now i'm paying for it.:lol:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Honda makes a damn good vehicle Jim, always have. Good luck with it.

My first car in high school was a '78 Civic.

Like this, cept mine had SS stripes.:lol:

Years ago a friend of mine bought a used one like that for his ex baby's momma. The oil pressure sending unit was leaking oil but it was otherwise in good shape. Except for a little rust. He told her to keep an eye on the oil level until we could fix it.

Didn't take her but 2 weeks to kill it. Just kept driving until she locked up the engine while driving on the highway. Cars were like Bic lighters to that woman. lol She finished off 5 cars that I know of.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
Nice ride BigJim, thanks for the pics. I love the color. Inquiring minds want to know.....Did Mrs. BigJim end up with heated seats and a power liftgate?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
My next vehicle might be a pilot. We looked at them when we bought the wife's outback. She didn't want something that big.

I've had four Hondas and all of them have been great cars.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Nice looking ride there BigJim.
Your wife should really enjoy hauling you around in the new Pilot. :good2:
Suck up! :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Honda makes a damn good vehicle Jim, always have. Good luck with it.

My first car in high school was a '78 Civic.

Like this, cept mine had SS stripes.:lol:

I learned to drive a stick shift in a red one just like that one that my buddy owned. Same year my sophomore year of high school.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
[HR][/HR]Nice ride, BJ. :thumbup1gif:
My sister buys nothing but Honda cars. She's on her 6th Honda since high school. She usually buy the Accord, or CRV.

Hope Mrs. BJ has a good time with her new Pilot. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,129 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb: Big Jim , like the color.:bigthumb: Nice looking .

Knock on wood 78-79000 on 06 Odyssey , repld, battery, front pads and rotors plus normal maintenance, still going strong. Loaded down with all kind of tools , ladders for tomorrow.

·
Registered
837 Posts
:hi:some might think this not a truck, but i feel like maybe it is:dunno:eek:nly with a permanent cap on the back half.
anyways we have fell in love with our first Honda Pilot. so we decided to move up in the yrs that they made em in the bigger size, as in 2016 Honda changed them drastically in size. so i did not want the smaller version of them. no room. heres a few pics of what we came home with. View attachment 365986 View attachment 365994 View attachment 366002 it's a 2015 yr, with 34,000 miles on it.

so to DRobinson-and Ilmo-here they finally are-ok. it just takes a while for me :banghead::mocking:
Bigger is always better!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My wife has one in a tuxedo, actually the Acura version that shares ~80%+ or so of the mechanical components but had a different exterior and fancier interior. Hers is an '06 with nearly 190,000 miles so far. Been thru brakes, tires, an alternator, a door lock actuator and changed the timing belt and WP at 105K. Aside from some little rust bubbles starting at a seam in the wheel well it's in great shape for an 11 year old + vehicle.

My '08 CRV has over 242,000 miles thus far and aside from an AC compressor clutch has only had routine maintenance as well. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice ride BigJim, thanks for the pics. I love the color. Inquiring minds want to know.....Did Mrs. BigJim end up with heated seats and a power liftgate?:dunno:
NO--:laugh: she did not want leather--so No lift gate either(power) now we sat in the new CRV-touring model--oh my what nice seats to sit on-jeez-u just sank down in-felt like -well heck-i don't really know how to express it. until i looked at the window sticker--fright -i tell ya--$45,000 smackers:lol:

My next vehicle might be a pilot. We looked at them when we bought the wife's outback. She didn't want something that big.

I've had four Hondas and all of them have been great cars.
the new ones from 2016 is the smaller size ones-which we didn't want. just too small for larger people.

our 09 honda pilot gave us only one other problem-it spit out a code for a transmission fault-i think it was for 2nd gear. wasn't bad price for it-somewhere around a $100 to check it and replace it too.

i did have the timing belt and WP replaced at 105,000 miles last yr. would of never got rid of it--if the key or ignition wouldn't of gave me fits. Honda must have the market on their keys and programming em cornered. the manager claimed that he had to program a valet key that they was to provide with it.:dunno: but the wife is happy and me too. so this one will last us hopefully over 10 yrs from now.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
NO--:laugh: she did not want leather--so No lift gate either(power) now we sat in the new CRV-touring model--oh my what nice seats to sit on-jeez-u just sank down in-felt like -well heck-i don't really know how to express it. until i looked at the window sticker--fright -i tell ya--$45,000 smackers:lol:

the new ones from 2016 is the smaller size ones-which we didn't want. just too small for larger people.
I would've never guessed the 2016 and newer Pilots are smaller inside. They have a more sleek exterior but still seem big, to me anyway.

When we were shopping in 2013, I really liked the Pilot. I have always liked the looks of a more square shaped car, I was a big fan of the late 80s-early 90s Volvos. However in 2013, Honda yanked our town's franchise because the family that owned the dealer also sold GMC trucks and Buicks and Honda wanted its own showroom. With that, we didn't want to have to drive the 45 mins one way to Erie for warranty work. Now the family that owns our local Toyota dealer bought a piece of land next to their showroom and got the Honda franchise, the new building is going up right now. Mrs. CP and I really like those new CRVs, so that new dealer may be a plus someday when we need to shop again. But 45k for a small SUV/crossover?

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I would've never guessed the 2016 and newer Pilots are smaller inside. They have a more sleek exterior but still seem big, to me anyway.

When we were shopping in 2013, I really liked the Pilot. I have always liked the looks of a more square shaped car, I was a big fan of the late 80s-early 90s Volvos. However in 2013, Honda yanked our town's franchise because the family that owned the dealer also sold GMC trucks and Buicks and Honda wanted its own showroom. With that, we didn't want to have to drive the 45 mins one way to Erie for warranty work. Now the family that owns our local Toyota dealer bought a piece of land next to their showroom and got the Honda franchise, the new building is going up right now. Mrs. CP and I really like those new CRVs, so that new dealer may be a plus someday when we need to shop again. But 45k for a small SUV/crossover? [emoji15]
yeah-but don't forget it is the Touring model:lolol:if ur little people, and hey-3 kids would fit in the back seats-or flip the 3rd row seats--now i don't know if the crv-has the 3rd row seats like our pilot does.

back 3 yrs ago or so when we purchased the 09 pilot, we sat in a CR-V-brand new it was $25,000, i said to the wife -here we can have a brand new one for only 5 grand more than the pilot. she than said naw-i know u won't ride in it, so we brought the 09 pilot home instead. i hope this does a s good as the 09 did-minus the key trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts