Green Tractor Talk banner

741 - 745 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
2017 GMC 2500 HD - I wanted something with low miles (bought it with 10,500), so when I found this one I was ok with it being the work truck level trim. I didn't much care that it was pretty vanilla when I bought it, and since then I've added window tint, roll up tonneau cover, running boards, under coating, back up camera, & remote start. It's a bit overkill for what we are towing, but who knows what we'll end up with in 5 years!

Edit: I suck at spelling...
Almost same truck as mine except mine is a’18 and a Chevy. I’ve added window tint and tonneau cover also. Don’t regret going to a WT. I like the no carpet and not all the extra crap to go wrong. Went from a’14 Duramax to this after the duramax was at the dealer more than home. So far no regret, thought I’d really miss a diesel but so far hasn’t bothered me. Don’t have that worry about emissions leaving me stranded and high cost of maintenance along with higher fuel price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Almost same truck as mine except mine is a’18 and a Chevy. I’ve added window tint and tonneau cover also. Don’t regret going to a WT. I like the no carpet and not all the extra crap to go wrong. Went from a’14 Duramax to this after the duramax was at the dealer more than home. So far no regret, thought I’d really miss a diesel but so far hasn’t bothered me. Don’t have that worry about emissions leaving me stranded and high cost of maintenance along with higher fuel price.
Agreed! Easier to clean & less to break later :) Once the tires wear out, I'll look for new rims too, but also no regrets.
A diesel would have been nice, but we couldn't justify the added cost & maint. for the few times a year we would have "needed it".

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Yep thinking about getting summer wheels and tires and keeping stock for winter. Only time truck comes out is when I have to tow or haul. Otherwise my daily driver is my Jeep. Although now retired I don’t drive daily anymore 😝

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I was messing around on the GMC site and noticed with the lower WT Trim levels with the Duramax there is an option for an engine driven PTO. They really only said it can be used to drive things like a hydraulic pump. Because it is engine driven and not transmission driven, the PTO can be run while the truck is stationary. I can't really think of what this would be used for. Maybe a boom truck but other than that, what is the use case? Log spliter?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was messing around on the GMC site and noticed with the lower WT Trim levels with the Duramax there is an option for an engine driven PTO. They really only said it can be used to drive things like a hydraulic pump. Because it is engine driven and not transmission driven, the PTO can be run while the truck is stationary. I can't really think of what this would be used for. Maybe a boom truck but other than that, what is the use case? Log spliter?
I don't know about the newer ones but my 2003 came setup for a PTO. It's nice as they didn't have high idle then but I have 3 higher idle speeds with the PTO switch. They said that is why they ordered them with the option. If you leave the switch on and hit the remote Start it runs at 900 RPMs for a better warm up.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

741 - 745 of 745 Posts