·
Registered
1,716 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: trav

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
As a carpenter, if it doesn’t hold a sheet of plywood then it’s not a truck.
I’m teasing the rest of you.
You can cut the 4X8 sheets in half 😂

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yeah, but it's only a car if you can't haul a 20' stick of steel tubing with the tailgate shut!
I can on my 22 foot car trailer. I will never own another 8 foot bed. Too hard to park and won't fit in my garage with a crew cab. And it's not a job related truck. I rarely haul anything that won't fit and I have trailers for that. Very few people need a long bed. That's why 80 percent plus oh the non dual rear tire HD trucks are short bed. You are in the minority.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dr Maphesto

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Loaded up the dual axel trailer with 4 bikes for the trip out to the Black Hills.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

My guess is between 5,000-5,500lbs between the bikes and the trailer (maybe another 500lbs in the bed). Gas mileage is what you would expect, but it pulled it just fine.
Also, just turned 25,000 miles on the odometer about 25 miles from home.
Very happy with the 2500!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Loaded up the dual axel trailer with 4 bikes for the trip out to the Black Hills.

View attachment 855135

My guess is between 5,000-5,500lbs between the bikes and the trailer (maybe another 500lbs in the bed). Gas mileage is what you would expect, but it pulled it just fine.
Also, just turned 25,000 miles on the odometer about 25 miles from home.
Very happy with the 2500!
Nice. Is zat all you got? LOL No sweat. Should run away with that. Of course mpg might not be all that great. Have fun be safe.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
We are riding out, be there Wednesday!
Always a good time out there! Be safe & keep the rubber side down & the shiny side up 🍻

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
68 Posts
As a carpenter, if it doesn’t hold a sheet of plywood then it’s not a truck.
I’m teasing the rest of you.
That Sheet of plywood thing was from my dad's generation. He is now 93 years old. I am now 65 years old and it's about how much room is in the back seat for grandkids. I do haul tools and such in the box. Mostly vacation stuff. If I want to haul building materials I hook up a trailer. My son used to call my truck the grandpa truck because I have a topper on it. I just don't have much use for a tenau cover. I have lots of room and don't have to tie every thing down. He has a topper on his now too.
6'6" box works great for me. He drives a 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel. Big car. LOL He is a builder, and pulls an 18' enclosed tool trailer with 7k axles.

1101 - 1120 of 1120 Posts