Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fortunate enough in life to be able to build my dream garage about 6 years ago. 32X32 with 13 ft ceilings. Oil heat, lift, every tool imaginable including press, brake lathe, welders, plasma cutter, torches, 8x3 1/4" steel work bench etc... What do you guys have? Be it large or small you should still be proud of it....errr that sounds a little weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine is in the beginning stages. It's 16' wide and 24' long. I had the foundation poured last December. They didn't pour the floor because they wanted a day or so of temperatures above freezing. Underneath the tarp is my JD 655. As soon as spring gets here, they finish pouring the floor and then I can start constructing the walls and then the roof. My 26 year old daughter is anxious to help me build.

IMG_0025.jpg IMG_0026.jpg

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great thread! I'm interested in reading ideas for mine. I'm doing a 30x40 as soon as the cold weather breaks. I'm planning on a steel building. I'll post pics as soon as I begin.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Nice garage you have there fuelhog2000.

Mine is not big enough. Trying to redo some stuff now to get some equipment more vertical so I can setup some wood equipment I dont have room for.

Anyway, mine is attached. Basically an L shaped 3 car garage with half of it a little over 37' deep. In floor heat that runs off our Geo Thermal system so 70 is as cold as it gets during the winter. Nicest garage I have ever had but really should have built a 40x60 building !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts
My 26 year old daughter is anxious to help me build.
How cool is that?

What do you guys have? Be it large or small you should still be proud of it....errr that sounds a little weird.
:lol: Now that's funny as hell.

As for my shop and garage, they are disorganized pigsties that I'm embarrassed by.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I even bought her a hot pink suede tool pouch/belt as one of her xmas presents. Her second reply was, "Now is needs tools, hammer, tape measure"

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is in the beginning stages. It's 16' wide and 24' long. I had the foundation poured last December. They didn't pour the floor because they wanted a day or so of temperatures above freezing. Underneath the tarp is my JD 655. As soon as spring gets here, they finish pouring the floor and then I can start constructing the walls and then the roof. My 26 year old daughter is anxious to help me build.

View attachment 14708 View attachment 14709
That's cool that your daughter is interested in helping out. My son couldn't care less I have a big garage or a tractor lol. I'm sure staring at the foundation gives you plenty of ideas!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great thread! I'm interested in reading ideas for mine. I'm doing a 30x40 as soon as the cold weather breaks. I'm planning on a steel building. I'll post pics as soon as I begin.
I would love to see pics of it going up. I almost did a steel building but at the time the price of steel was crazy so I only did a steel roof.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mine is not big enough. Trying to redo some stuff now to get some equipment more vertical so I can setup some wood equipment I dont have room for.

Anyway, mine is attached. Basically an L shaped 3 car garage with half of it a little over 37' deep. In floor heat that runs off our Geo Thermal system so 70 is as cold as it gets during the winter. Nicest garage I have ever had but really should have built a 40x60 building !
That's are really nice garage wow! I wish mine was bigger as well but the town I live in would not allow a larger dwelling so I was "stuck" with 32x32. I know I know it's rough lol. I also put equipment up off the floor to get more room. My furncace and air compressor are both on 6' high "shelves".

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would love to see pics of it going up. I almost did a steel building but at the time the price of steel was crazy so I only did a steel roof.
We'll be starting as soon as the cold weather breaks. I'll post pics of the whole process. Looking forward to getting started!

·
Registered
225 Posts

Not meaning to hijack this thread but you mentioned Geo Thermal in your garage... My wife and I managed to get Geo Thermal in our construction loan. Propane costs are through the roof (natural gas isn't available). Do you like it and would you recommend using it in my pole barn?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Not meaning to hijack this thread but you mentioned Geo Thermal in your garage... My wife and I managed to get Geo Thermal in our construction loan. Propane costs are through the roof (natural gas isn't available). Do you like it and would you recommend using it in my pole barn?
You can PM me for more info if you want so we don't go off track, or start new thread :)

I really like Geo but can't say if it would be right for a pole barn. You might be better with dedicated boiler for larger space. My Geo Heat pump has a reversing valve that switches back and forth between making heat for the forced air and then switches to make heat for the tank that heats the garage.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We'll be starting as soon as the cold weather breaks. I'll post pics of the whole process. Looking forward to getting started!
I built mine by myself with the exception of help putting up walls and trusses. It was ALOT of work and at times knew I was in over my head. I did all electrical including main service from house, plumbing, all OSB board I put up by myself. Siding, doors etc... In the end well worth it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,618 Posts
After seeing those there isn't any way I'm posting up mine.:lol: Those are nice.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
After seeing those there isn't any way I'm posting up mine.:lol: Those are nice.
What are you talking about? You have a really nice setup yourself.:drinks:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
As for my shop and garage, they are disorganized pigsties that I'm embarrassed by.
And THAT is also why I won't be posting mine. :laugh:

Now if some structural engineer could volunteer their services to let me know if I could put a second story on my garage, then I would put one on (if I could) and show some pics.

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
What are you talking about? You have a really nice setup yourself.:drinks:
Remember, there is a chip the size of a quarter in the floor.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts