Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I don't "got one". I use my forks to lift brush. Maybe some day I can have those, but yours don't look like they get used much other than photos. .......:laugh:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Administrator
20,836 Posts
Who makes your grapple? Is it a Frontier?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Who makes it? Is it the JD one? I do like it:thumbup1gif: I use my pallet forks for brush also, but a grapple is on my list

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Gee whiz.. you flash that thing around and expect to see a picture of mine? It does the job, but it aint pretty! That is one heavy duty looking grapple :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is made by Frontier. They make four models:

H series 60" 300 & 400 loaders
E series 62" 400 & 500 loaders
D series 77" 600 & 700 loaders
G series 77" Global loaders

The bigger one has 2 independent working clamps and looks really mean.

And ToddM, it looks shiny because its new! Only 30 hours on the tractor and probably 15 on the grapple. This pic make you feel better?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349920837.388467.jpg

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I wish they had a smaller version...say 50" for the 200cx loader. I really couldnt justify a grapple for around the house,but it would be handy at the deer lease.I guess I could use the 60" but at 370#,it would get up into the lift ability a little. I think I'll make this one of my winter projects. It would be a great opportunity to use my new plasma cutter.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
I wish they had a smaller version...say 50" for the 200cx loader. I really couldnt justify a grapple for around the house,but it would be handy at the deer lease.I guess I could use the 60" but at 370#,it would get up into the lift ability a little. I think I'll make this one of my winter projects. It would be a great opportunity to use my new plasma cutter.
There is one in the works from Artillian, stay tuned:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
the Dirt Dog and Frontier are very very similar with just some subtle nuances in their design.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my Fabtech/Versatech model. It weights in at 500lbs and is 66" wide. Only thing it needs is a green paint job. Works well..
Tbone,

That thing looks mean! Do those independent top clamps work well at gripping irregular shaped material? Mine only has the one top clamp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone had difficulty disconnecting or reconnecting the hydraulic lines to your grapple when attaching orv removing your grapple? When, I went to disconnect it, they were very tight to get off. When I went to reconnect, they would not go on at all. I had to loosen the hose from the cylinder to bleed out some pressure and then they went on. I am storing them in the wide open position with the teeth facing the ground. Any ideas ?

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
Has anyone had difficulty disconnecting or reconnecting the hydraulic lines to your grapple when attaching orv removing your grapple? When, I went to disconnect it, they were very tight to get off. When I went to reconnect, they would not go on at all. I had to loosen the hose from the cylinder to bleed out some pressure and then they went on. I am storing them in the wide open position with the teeth facing the ground. Any ideas ?
I would close the grapple, the weight of the upper jaw can make pressure in the lines as gravity try's to close it. Even, doing that...if there are large temperature swings you still may have to bleed a little pressure off sometimes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I see. But the grapple top and bottom are both touching the ground. In other words, the quick attach bracket is facing the sky. So there shouldn't be any weight on it. I have not tried it closed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer just called me back and told me about a lever near the outlet of the SCV for the grapple in the back of my tractor. He said to turn the lever and the turn the switch on without cranking and work the SCV switch on and off and that should release the pressure. We will see....

·
Registered
150 Posts
My Avatar shows the grapple on my 1026R and the photo is of the one on my 4200, very handy to say the least.
Find my post for a grapple on a series 1 tractor and it has details, photos and parts list if you're looking for a little DIY project.

P1010023.JPG

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tbone,

That thing looks mean! Do those independent top clamps work well at gripping irregular shaped material? Mine only has the one top clamp.
I really like the independent clamps, seems like I never have an even load (brush work). With the two clamps the load is always secured through-out. Its a little more weight but worth it imo..

1 - 20 of 77 Posts