Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this Brinly sleeve hitch PP-510 plow last fall. Only had a small opportunity to play with it. The green A-frame is from Ballard Fabrication.

Last week I picked this Brinly 3 point PP-1200 plow. I can't wait to put it into the ground.

Show us your Brinly plows.

Attachments

Reactions: Erik

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Nice looking plow and tractor:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice looking plows T-Mo. I wish I had one to show. I would love to eventually get my 332 set up for PA Plowdays.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 332 is an excellent plow tractor. And plows are pretty easy to come by. Do you have a 3 point yet for your 332?

·
Registered
278 Posts
A 332 is an excellent plow tractor. And plows are pretty easy to come by. Do you have a 3 point yet for your 332?
Not yet. I was planning on picking up a Ruegg at some point.

A bit off topic, but why are the Brinlys so popular? Are there other choices? I don't really have any experience with plows, so if this is a stupid question, forgive me. I've just seen videos of the plow days and it looks like a good time, so I was interested in setting up to try one some day.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not yet. I was planning on picking up a Ruegg at some point.

A bit off topic, but why are the Brinlys so popular? Are there other choices? I don't really have any experience with plows, so if this is a stupid question, forgive me. I've just seen videos of the plow days and it looks like a good time, so I was interested in setting up to try one some day.
There are other brands, Ohio Steel, Simplicity, etc., but Brinly still makes their plows. For a while, Brinly made some of the John Deere integral hitch and category 0 plows. There are a lot of Brinly plows out there. Their sleeve hitch model is widely adapted to a lot of garden tractors - anything that can have a sleeve hitch adapter on it, including Cub Cadets, Wheel Horses, Simplicitys, Sears and John Deere. Sizes on the sleeve hitch ranges from 8 inch to 12 inch. I would look for a 10 inch as they seem to be more in abundance. My sleeve (integral) hitch Brinly PP-510 is a 10 inch, while my Brinly PP-1200, category 0 3 point plow is a 12 inch. I also have a Simplicity 8 inch walk behind that I thought about converting into a sleeve hitch model. If anyone here wanted that, they can have it as I doubt if I ever finished the project on that.

Plow days are fun. The comradely, the smell of the gas and diesel engines, the dirt/mud/dust, the plowing, the whole shebang is great. The Pennsylvania is one of the largest. There are plow days all over, just need to find one. On WFM, there is an event section that has them listed when there is one coming up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the info. :thumbup1gif: I see there is a plow day about 2 hours from me in November. I've got some other projects to get done first, but it sure would be great if I can get it set up by then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts