Green Tractor Talk banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Or Bronco or Sidekick or whatever your topless off roader may be. (side by sides welcome!)
MY wife and I custom ordered this 2021 Willys for our 'fun' ride - took delivery last April just when they were starting to have trouble getting 'chipe'... We negotiated $5k off the price and of our order - try doing that now! It is brutal out there.

I know it is crazy, but we only take it out once in a while for a fun ride....to church occasionally, and up north for a week in the summer. It seems like a new experience everytime we get into it.....Had it a bit over a year and it has 6k miles on it....top hasn't been off yet....lots of bells and whistles...optioned it up nicely.

We really like it....they are like no other vehicle. It is actually our 2nd one..... We had a 2018 Big Bear Edition 2 door before this one....same story.

Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Sky

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1983 John Deere 750 2wd, with Bush Hog Loader
45 Posts
MY wife and I custom ordered this 2021 Willys for our 'fun' ride - took delivery last April just when they were starting to have trouble getting 'chipe'... We negotiated $5k off the price and of our order - try doing that now! It is brutal out there.

I know it is crazy, but we only take it out once in a while for a fun ride....to church occasionally, and up north for a week in the summer. It seems like a new experience everytime we get into it.....Had it a bit over a year and it has 6k miles on it....top hasn't been off yet....lots of bells and whistles...optioned it up nicely.

We really like it....they are like no other vehicle. It is actually our 2nd one..... We had a 2018 Big Bear Edition 2 door before this one....same story.

View attachment 853707
View attachment 853706
View attachment 853705
View attachment 853709
View attachment 853708
View attachment 853710
It can be a chore getting a hardtop off, but I would strongly encourage it. I keep my top and doors off all summer, like you, this is not my daily driver, so I can be selective or when I drive it.

Few rides beat a topless cruise in a Jeep!

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
It can be a chore getting a hardtop off, but I would strongly encourage it. I keep my top and doors off all summer, like you, this is not my daily driver, so I can be selective or when I drive it.

Little rides beat a topless cruise in a Jeep!
I've had 3 different UTVs, and that is what I miss most is the openness hot weather rides.
I hope to be able to contribute to this thread one day. I know of one the color we both like, but the owner isn't ready to sell. This is expensive enough that it would need to replace the wife's vehicle.
Another option would be one inexpensive enough to justify as a toy, but I really don't want it to be too rough. An exercise in patience.

·
Registered
80 Posts
we have had a Jeep in the family as a daily driver since 93, and always struggled with the top removal until a few years ago when I saw this Lift. I highly recommended the top lift pro. I tried hoists, and other options. This just gets it done and fast. I am not affiliated with them in any way other than owning their product. It is a little pricey but has allowed us to take full advantage of the Jeep without the struggle of removing the top manually. There are other systems out there but this fit us perfectly.

·
Registered
1983 John Deere 750 2wd, with Bush Hog Loader
45 Posts
It is pretty amazing how expensive Jeeps are nowadays. One of my friends bought a 2021 4-door wrangler new and I believe they spent $50-55k. I’ve never bought a vehicle brand-new before, but I paid $6600 for my ‘94 YJ when I bought it in 2001. Wasn’t the fanciest Jeep they made, but it had 50k miles, HO i6, and was dark green with the grey/charcoal interior. Although it had 4” of pinstriping that ran around the lower part of the body tub, and 2 “Wrangler” decals on each side of the hood. I remember sitting outside with a credit card and blow dryer in November peeling that off, it was the first thing I changed on it. Wasn’t long before the mods started coming.
Before
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

After an ongoing 15 year build.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok, now you’ve done it! Years ago I had a 85 cj7 (sorry no photos)and had to trade into a bigger vehicle for the family. This thread has me building a new a new wrangler on the jeep web site. I want to wait for the industry to stabilize before I buy , but you all are making it hard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoops! When I wasn't looking, the comma must have moved on my price for the Land Rover. It was $4,246.88 out the door back in '69. The Mule was around $15k in 2018. The vehicle itself was $3,600 and with the winch and dealer fees, it totaled $4,24.88.

If the mule cost me $160K, I's be glad to sell it for half that! 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
John Deere 1025R
20 Posts

View attachment 853707
View attachment 853706
View attachment 853705
View attachment 853709
View attachment 853708
View attachment 853710
My 1946 Willys CJ-2A.
Bet that yours runs a lot better than the original.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,986 Posts
My 1946 Willys CJ-2A.
Bet that yours runs a lot better than the original.
Very nice. I drove a 47 CJ-2A which had been completely restored my Junior year in high school. There was never a shortage of girls who wanted to ride with me. I thought that I must be something special. It took a while. but I finally figured out that they just liked riding in the Jeep and could have cared less who was driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
And now for something completely different.

2WD but it does have a LSD. 25.5” tires (vs stock 22.5). 11” of ground clearance at the rockers. It does surprisingly well soft roading. Not for Moab, though.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

The kayak rack is a work in progress. It will eventually go forward and have a portion that rests on the windshield header with padded cradles front and back for two kayaks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It is pretty amazing how expensive Jeeps are nowadays. One of my friends bought a 2021 4-door wrangler new and I believe they spent $50-55k. I’ve never bought a vehicle brand-new before, but I paid $6600 for my ‘94 YJ when I bought it in 2001. Wasn’t the fanciest Jeep they made, but it had 50k miles, HO i6, and was dark green with the grey/charcoal interior. Although it had 4” of pinstriping that ran around the lower part of the body tub, and 2 “Wrangler” decals on each side of the hood. I remember sitting outside with a credit card and blow dryer in November peeling that off, it was the first thing I changed on it. Wasn’t long before the mods started coming.
Before
View attachment 853745
After an ongoing 15 year build.
View attachment 853746
View attachment 853747

What size motor?

Whats the battery disconnect for?

I kept my Wrangler hood decals, they help keep mine looking original. Too many modded rigs out there, not enough classics.

·
Registered
15,986 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,268 Posts
Too many modded rigs out there, not enough classics.
I really enjoyed building my TJ.

I'd like to find an older Jeep and just fix it up for a back road rider.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts