Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all, would be fun to hear all the ways everyone is using them.

The sage advice on this forum prompted me to get the AP10 forks when I bought the tractor... and I'm already glad I did.

I'll go first: have used then twice already and the tractor only has three hours on it: used them tonight while moving on, well, pallets...

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pallet Forks make a nifty adjustable Hight painting stand …

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,676 Posts
Pic from tonight
I couldn't help but notice you weren't using any 3PH ballast. Granted your pallet load appears to be light but keep in mind that the use of pallet forks can and typically will require more 3PH ballast than when using the bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Moving a rock.
I've moved numerous rocks with my forks. No pics for proof, but it happened. Some were to big/heavy to lift. Was able to use the forks to roll the rocks where I needed them to go.

I've use the forks for moving logs, branches, and also stumps that I have dug out.

I don't think I can say that I have used the forks more than the FEL bucket, but it's pretty close.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well I can't show it because I didn't take pictures. I used my forks to take out concreted 6x6 posts holding a wooden gate and the rest of the 4x4 fence posts. I slide the two forks to the middle position and put the post in between. I wrapped a steel cable around the forks and posts and lifted them right up out of the ground as easy as you please. Worked good because it didn't disturb the hole much for the new ones to go in. Not to mention I carried all the new fencing with the tractor instead of by hand. Mighty handy.

Here is some of the finished product.

gate.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I couldn't help but notice you weren't using any 3PH ballast. Granted your pallet load appears to be light but keep in mind that the use of pallet forks can and typically will require more 3PH ballast than when using the bucket.
Good advice on the ballast! These were really light loads coming off the truck. In the next load I had a heavy safe, at just under 500lbs (plus the weight of the forks) - for that I grabbed the box blade on the back - it's the heavier 400 lb Frontier blade. 4wd and slow going just to be sure, and got the load low right away. Tires are loaded also, but I probably should have still had more weight in back...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You know the usual.
Move a dog kennel
Haul stuff down the road to my moms house
Move Ice chest
& lift the Z to get rope out the blades

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,642 Posts