Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am getting sick of my snowless winter and seeing the garden outside but not being able to work in it. So anyways I am making plans on building a two bottom plow for my tractors and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of ones they have made or seen in use. Of course I enjoy pictures of anybody plowing as I am sure others do. I am planning on using two 10" sears plows since I can't bring myself to take apart Brinly plows plus I had one given to me which helps and just picked up another one for cheap.

Thanks in advance for any pics.

Adam

Adam-05.12.12-6.jpg CIMG0434.jpg

CIMG0449.jpg Peter-05.12.12-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sick of winter, you and me both. lol
Even my girlfriend can't stand it. All we got was rain, rain, rain.
The only one accumulating snow quickly changed to rain before it was over.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I like the change of seasons. The only part of the year I don't care for is after the holidays till April. Summer is nice, love the fall, like the early winter, the first snow and the holidays. Now I'm just waiting for the spring. Brand new pine needle rake sitting in my bas Kent and new 50" rotary tiller on the way. Itching to start outside work.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
After you have used a rotary plow in the garden,,,,
a moldboard plow is just a novelty to take to tractor shows, and "plow days",,,

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
I know soil conditions are different, but in this area the depth is usually half of the plow width. In other words, a 14 inch plow would plow at a depth of 7 inches. I think it would give you a smoother end result which would be easier to finish with a disc, a harrow or tiller. It depends on what type soil you want to bring to the top.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A couple more:

20170313_171539.jpg

20170313_171555.jpg

I drilled a new hole for the top link so it wouldn't be such a steep angle. I am looking for another Sears plow coulter so I can have them match. I was also planning on copying my brinly gauge wheel bracket since I think it would work well on this plow.

Adam

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Looks great Adam,what size plows are those.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Tom, they are 10" Sears plows. I am happy with how it has come out so far. I can't wait to try them out, but after two feet of snow earlier in the week I have to wait a little longer

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Thanks Tom, they are 10" Sears plows. I am happy with how it has come out so far. I can't wait to try them out, but after two feet of snow earlier in the week I have to wait a little longer
Are you going to build a brace to go from the two bolts that hold the front standard to the frame to the front left side of the hitch?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you going to build a brace to go from the two bolts that hold the front standard to the frame to the front left side of the hitch?
I welded a set of tabs on the beam in line with the front bottom. I will have to leave the holes a little loose so if I have to slide the A frame side to side it will move. I have a some braces that were out back of my garage, but can't find them right now, still buried in snow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts