Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into a 3-point adapter for my H120 FEL. I would like to use my landscape rake (and my sheet metal and pipe addition for snow removal) on the front vs the rear for convenience. I am a bit concerned about the side-loading of the FEL frame when the rake (plow-mode) is angled. It will be hanging out there quite a bit and will create a large "lever-arm" load to the frame.

Any experience or opinions?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am looking into a 3-point adapter for my H120 FEL. I would like to use my landscape rake (and my sheet metal and pipe addition for snow removal) on the front vs the rear for convenience.
Please explain the convenience part, I am confused. :think:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting too old and fat to keep turning around to see what I am doing! Made me say it......

Reactions: keane and rtgt

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I'm getting too old and fat to keep turning around to see what I am doing! Made me say it......
:lolol: Yup, know what you mean, although them is your words. Sorry, can't help on your side loading concerns. I really think it is how you use it and your technique on using the equipment that will determine your concerns.

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
I am looking into a 3-point adapter for my H120 FEL. I would like to use my landscape rake (and my sheet metal and pipe addition for snow removal) on the front vs the rear for convenience. I am a bit concerned about the side-loading of the FEL frame when the rake (plow-mode) is angled. It will be hanging out there quite a bit and will create a large "lever-arm" load to the frame.

Any experience or opinions?
Good news! Artillian has already solved the problem for you. Be sure to check out the video.

Expansion Attachments

Artillian-3PH.jpg

Reactions: TJR345 and JimR

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of folks are using loader mounted snowplows, which exert more force than a rake could. Both the plow and the rake exert less force than digging into hard packed dirt with a corner of the bucket or otherwise not getting an even bite.

·
Banned
419 Posts
loader

I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of folks are using loader mounted snowplows, which exert more force than a rake could. Both the plow and the rake exert less force than digging into hard packed dirt with a corner of the bucket or otherwise not getting an even bite.
I agree totally with you and Randy. It is not the force it is the way you apply it. I am very sure that I cold destroy any loader frame on any tractor. The only thing about front mounting a rake and such is the added DUST from the operating and in taking it into your engine air supply. Any thing that creates dust I like to have in the back.

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
I agree totally with you and Randy. It is not the force it is the way you apply it. I am very sure that I cold destroy any loader frame on any tractor. The only thing about front mounting a rake and such is the added DUST from the operating and in taking it into your engine air supply. Any thing that creates dust I like to have in the back.
Actually, when using something like a Landscape rake on the loader you will most likely be using the rake while in reverse and "pulling" it. I wouldn't want to be driving through that dust either.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Loader

Actually, when using something like a Landscape rake on the loader you will most likely be using the rake while in reverse and "pulling" it. I wouldn't want to be driving through that dust either.
I understand that but depends on the wind direction. I just feel keep the dust away if possible. When I bought the MMM for my 4100 I was really surprised of the amount of DUST and DEAD GRASS that I created as compared to rear finish mower.

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
It isn't clear to me if you plan to push or pull with a front mounted implement. :dunno:
I can see advantages pushing. You will not have tires packing ground/snow, you can use down pressure if you need it, and you can get into places you can't if the implement is rear mounted.
Disadvantages MIGHT be lack of individual (each side) float. At least my 3pt hitch lift arms have a position that allows a little float. And the already mentioned possible dust.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan to push and pull, I would guess. Mostly push. Initially thinking of plowing snow and maybe pushing brush piles with the rake.

I am not a hero with the machine, and the analogy with the bucket loading probably answers the questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts