Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
There’s nothing wrong for wanting an indicator. I did when I first got my TnT kit. After using it for a few hours, I never looked at it, ever.

To the OP, I think this is why you are getting the responses you are. I’m in the same boat. Got one, don’t use it. Haven’t looked back.

BTW, my indicators are RV bubble levels stuck on the tractor and the QH.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
He seems disgruntled that he asked for opinions and got them....
I didn't ask for opinions, I asked if anyone had made one and if so were there examples to be had. That's simple. What I got was an actual attempt to help with bullseye levels, opinions, a few folks who took a wait and see stance, a condescending "stupid" brother in law story and a couple of allusions to "if he knew WTF he was doing or how to operate his machine he wouldn't need this".

No disgruntle here. I know the internet well, I am legitimately laughing at myself for asking because I knew what the end result was likely to be...very little fact, very little value and a lot of projected assumptions.

I still want a return to zero/level indicator. I'll build one, it'll be dead simple and probably cost me less than $50 in total costs to prototype and refine, I'll probably post pics of the stupidity for all to see.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
OK. I hope you wake up having a better day tomorrow.
You are quite condescending to other members in some of your posts in this and other threads and that isn't the way this site conducts business. If you don't like what someone else has to say about something that has nothing to do with you, feel free to keep it to yourself, or at least be respectful in your negative responses.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some of us have OCD issues....:lol:

I have NEVER been accused of that!...... :hide:

How about a pendulum? Take the bottom half of a clock (marked in degrees) and a pointer.

We can start over engineering from there, like adding dampeners, etc.
I think a pendulum would have the same issue that a bubble level has, gravity is it's reference point. I think trying to emulate one of the bucket level indicators is probably the simplest and most robust way to look at it. I'm going to do a bit of playing around with tape, dowel rods etc. this weekend and see if my hypothesis is correct or if I'm grossly over simplifying the problem. I'm sure that there's more than one way to skin this cat, but I want to stick with easy, simple, cheap and robust as the design hallmarks. I'm more than happy to share what I come up with.

BTW, your comments on OCD and rifle sights were both spot on ;)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Before spending all the time to build a good one, maybe try this off the shelf unit just to see if it actually helps you.
Thank you for the link, that's interesting. Playing, learning and building is the most fun part of this type of effort so I'll probably still put in the time to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
OK. I hope you wake up having a better day tomorrow.
You are quite condescending to other members in some of your posts in this and other threads and that isn't the way this site conducts business. If you don't like what someone else has to say about something that has nothing to do with you, feel free to keep it to yourself, or at least be respectful in your negative responses.
Umm. That's awfully ironic. Perhaps you're confused. Snd also perhaps you didn't read the rest of the thread. Or anything the OP actually had to say. But that's okay, it happens. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow as well.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts