Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a somewhat all purpose spreader.

I have been researching 3pt PTO driven spreaders.

This Sides Spreader seems like it would be a really good unit.

I think it might be the best I have seen so far in my online research.

I was wondering if anyone has one and what their experience might be with it.
or what other opinions on them might be.

I have called this morning and left a voicemail with the company,
where I have asked for a quote, I have not yet heard back yet.

Their website does not seem to have any pricing.
I am also curious what others have paid for one of these.

Lime Spreader - Sides Spread-all Spreaders (sidesspreaders.com)

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
I just purchased a Spintech spreader -- with a little opening up of the throw area it is great. Flow stops when you switch the motor off. No more hot spots.

rob

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have requested a quote from them as well. I like the idea of the electronic actuator. I also ask for pricing on the rock guard. That 85" wide hopper is just what I need.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They got back to me a few minutes ago.
The large JD green hopper with electric actuator including shipping came in at $8000.00 total delivered to my door.
Loaded it weighs nearly 5000 pounds.
Good thing my 5Ms are rated to lift 6000 pounds.
I knew it was going to be healthy, I had found a standard sized hopper model in a closed ebay sale of a used one.
In that ebay listing it had sold for $5K it was listed as customer pickup only which limited it audience or appeal I am sure.
I figured even if I put it behind my 4066 from time to time, I just wouldn't be able to fill it, and it would be fine.
Dry weight was something like 750 pounds It max payload was 2 tons.

I knew it was going to be healthy price wise.
It was clearly very well built from what I had seen, and has features or capabilities no ordinary 3pt spreader offers.
The cost saving with things like spreading wet ag lime vs pelletized lime required by every other spreader on the market is a big difference when covering several acres. It eventually should pay for itself with buying bulk materials rather then retail bagged.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Got my quote back as well. $8200 with the rock guard added.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Outstanding. Wish they made little ones for us homeowners. I love the auger type and the ability to spread what other spreaders caN'T.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You best hop on that deal you got. She emailed me shipping and the standard with shipping is $8600 for me.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats interesting.
She said shipping was $500.00. I was driving at the time when she called me back.
I suppose I could have misunderstood and it was $8000 plus $500.00 shipping, not the 8000.00 included the 500 shipping.

There’s was only a $200.00 difference between each of the 3 hopper sizes.
So I am guessing I misunderstood something.
I will get that clarified and report back tomorrow.
I am probably going to go ahead and order one.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It sure looks like a good spreader. They really like them but it's the only one I've ever seen that can spread bulk lime which is what I need it for. I'm going to keep looking for a chain spreader for now. I'm sure you will let us know how it does in real life after you get it.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spreader arrived yesterday . Now if it ever quits raining might get to try it out . Lol

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
seems like great spreaders ....i looked at one about 6 months ago and decided it didnt really make economic sense for me......we can buy used fert buggies for 3k .....or rent lime spreaders for $100 a day...............just seemed easier to do the rental for lime........and use the cone spreader $400 we have for anything else ...........i would have probably seriously considered one at a 3-4k price point for our limited ussage........i really liked the idea they made it large enough to accept dumps from a normal loader bucket

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
seems like great spreaders ....i looked at one about 6 months ago and decided it didnt really make economic sense for me......we can buy used fert buggies for 3k .....or rent lime spreaders for $100 a day...............just seemed easier to do the rental for lime........and use the cone spreader $400 we have for anything else ...........i would have probably seriously considered one at a 3-4k price point for our limited ussage........i really liked the idea they made it large enough to accept dumps from a normal loader bucket
That was a big thing for me as well, and its capacity seemed large enough to only have to stop to reload it a couple times per application. I also I thought it was probably a good thing, to go with one tool that could spread anything I might ever need to spread from wet lime to fertilizer, manure, just whatever needed spreading etc. etc.
Just didn't didn't want to get one type and still have to rent or go buy something else. I am also running out of room for implements and attachments. 1 spreader that could do it all was important to me.
I fully admit that it was too expensive. But I never should have to buy another one.

Reactions: ttazzman

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
That was a big thing for me as well, and its capacity seemed large enough to only have to stop to reload it a couple times per application. I also I thought it was probably a good thing, to go with one tool that could spread anything I might ever need to spread from wet lime to fertilizer, manure, just whatever needed spreading etc. etc.
Just didn't didn't want to get one type and still have to rent or go buy something else. I am also running out of room for implements and attachments. 1 spreader that could do it all was important to me.
I fully admit that it was too expensive. But I never should have to buy another one.
put a vibrator on my cone spreader and it will do a fair job of spreading ag lime on limited areas like hard to access food plots.....also can only load it using one corner of my loader bucket ....looks like the Sides would cover all those issues just fine.....yep....now you have to find a place to keep it ...LOL :) thats a constant issue here everytime i buy something i have to find storage for it

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is still interested in a Sides Spreader? I have one brand new (literally still in the shipping plastic and pallet). Bottom line is that it is more implement than I need. They are going to be $9K after the first of the year. I will sell this one for $7.5k picked up (I’m an hour south of St Louis, MO).

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is still interested in a Sides Spreader? I have one brand new (literally still in the shipping plastic and pallet). Bottom line is that it is more implement than I need. They are going to be $9K after the first of the year. I will sell this one for $7.5k picked up (I’m an hour south of St Louis, MO).
Interested in the spreader. Located in cedar hill missouri not far from you. Call Big River Sod Farms at 3147317755

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.