1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The town I worked for "in the old days" had a tracked Bombardier w/plow pretty much the size of that one. The guys in the Hiway dept. drew low card to run it because it was such a hated job... "BAAAD heater!":laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The town I worked for "in the old days" had a tracked Bombardier w/plow pretty much the size of that one. The guys in the Hiway dept. drew low card to run it because it was such a hated job... "BAAAD heater!":laugh:
Yea bad heater would make a hated job...but we all know , sorry about your luck, now go to work...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I admittedly have never driven a snow plow of any description, but it seems to me that in some of those shots the driver was pushing it a little bit too hard to maintain a good margin of safety. I guess it's not likely he would hit a kid on a bicycle under those conditions though.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with you guys about the speed he seemed to doing. Yea guessing no kid on bicycle , but how about a stopped vehicle.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I admittedly have never driven a snow plow of any description, but it seems to me that in some of those shots the driver was pushing it a little bit too hard to maintain a good margin of safety. QUOTE]

Hey, it ain't HIS machine! If you ever do drive a snowplow, make sure it's a bigger one... Plenty of heat, suspension seat, music, food storage and no impact problems with little items like mailboxes, garbage cans froze to the ground, water valves a little too high, etc...

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I admittedly have never driven a snow plow of any description, but it seems to me that in some of those shots the driver was pushing it a little bit too hard to maintain a good margin of safety. QUOTE]

Hey, it ain't HIS machine! If you ever do drive a snowplow, make sure it's a bigger one... Plenty of heat, suspension seat, music, food storage and no impact problems with little items like mailboxes, garbage cans froze to the ground, water valves a little too high, etc...
I knew there were items I should avoid hitting couldn't remember , things like mailboxes, frozen fast garbage cans and water valves. See for me it was just taking down my neighbors new string of LED Christmas lights with 47 blower...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I knew there were items I should avoid hitting couldn't remember , things like mailboxes, frozen fast garbage cans and water valves. See for me it was just taking down my neighbors new string of LED Christmas lights with 47 blower...
Thanks for that big LOL! Yeah, pretty bad when it's the neighbor's! With your own you just take a quick look around to see if anyone happened to see you and then dig 'em out of the blower, no "ownin' up".:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Thanks for that big LOL! Yeah, pretty bad when it's the neighbor's! With your own you just take a quick look around to see if anyone happened to see you and then dig 'em out of the blower, no "ownin' up".:laugh:
What about snow snakes? They tell me you can't see them till you're bitten!

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His son came outside just a few mins and the lights were still wrapped around the auger. Took about 5 min to cut those lights off the auger. Oh he laughed when I told him what happened.

Oh haven't seen any snow snakes...guessing could see them any better than the lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts