Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd leave a short note, in case anyone eventually figures out I'm "not around", that I'm going to be walking away from the site.

I've recently had issues show up with the formatting of the emails that keep me in the know of what's happening here and reached out to the admins about it. I've shown them examples and they just shrug their shoulders. For me, the change in formatting of the emails makes them unreadable which means that leveraging this site just got 100x harder for me try and do. So, I'm closing out my various area and thread subscriptions and won't be back unless the admins get it sorted.

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Just so the members know, there’s literally nothing the local staff here can do about this issue. This is an owner/IT issue, not a site driven issue. The OP is referring to the owners as admins.

The local staff does everything we can to mitigate issues, but there is just a lot of things we simply can’t control, change, fix, or simply address. With these issues we pass them along to VS, the owners. It can be very frustrating for all involved.

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
What are the email issues you are encountering? I have never received any emails related to this site. I access it sometimes several times a day and simply hit the "What's New" button.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Peace out OP

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
There’s a thread in the forum help section he started about his email issue.

·
Administrator
17,322 Posts
I just log into the site, click what's new and read posts....no emails required :bigthumb:

Sorry for the issues, but darn that seems like a small reason to leave the site behind :dunno: :munch:

·
Administrator
17,322 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
There’s a thread in the forum help section he started about his email issue.
Ahh... I see now. Digest emails. Never was a fan of Digest emails. But obviously that is a personal preference.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
What are the email issues you are encountering? I have never received any emails related to this site. I access it sometimes several times a day and simply hit the "What's New" button.

Same here. In fact, I even no longer get emails when someone quotes my post. The "Whats New" button is my friend.

Dave

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,126 Posts
I have never received any emails related to this site. I access it sometimes several times a day and simply hit the "What's New" button.
I just log into the site, click what's new and read posts....no emails required
I do the same. I already spend waaaay too much time on here. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
No problems here but then again my expectations are likely less demanding.

Happy trails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
651 Posts
VerticalScope inc, who are the owners, bought up hundreds of forums like this, so GTT is just one in a huge cog. When that happens individual support greatly suffers. According to their webpage, they own a thousand plus sites.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Based on his posting history here, I doubt anyone is going to lose sleep over his recent disappearance. If you're so unhappy with an entire forum due to one automated email the forum has no control over, that you need to leave with a big Cartman "screw you guys, I'm going home" post, then buh bye.

·
Premium Member
14,143 Posts
Hate to see you leave,because of EMAILS..:dunno::dunno:

I've never received a email unless I have a private message for from someone.

Like others I either press New Posts or Todays post

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Personally, I would just go away!! Leaving because of an email issue seems extreme, especially when these emails can be turned off in your settings.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
I'm going to leave too. Probably happen just as soon as I die. Hopefully that won't be tomorrow. Or today... :unknown: :lol:

:greentractorride: on!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

I didn't know what digest emails were before this thread. Not really sure I know the value of them to me, haven't used/needed them before, don't think I'll need them in the future.

But I won't knock the OP for opting out of GTT for whatever reason he chooses because sometimes "a man/woman's gotta do what he/she's gotta do".

I did have an issue a while back about not getting an email about my site supporter dues, when I used to get them each year. I asked about them twice, and nothing got fixed, so "I guess VS really doesn't want or need my site support money", so I just stopped contributing. It was different before VS bought the site, I didn't mind helping the original admins.

GTT has always been fun, informative and humorous to me, so I keep coming back. My wife thinks I spend too much time here, but I'm not out drinking or gambling, so she puts up with me. I actually think I can't spend enough time here, but I do what I can.

Sorry to see members leave, but we all have our reasons to go or stay. The world will not stop and life will go on.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

I didn't know what digest emails were before this thread. Not really sure I know the value of them to me, haven't used/needed them before, don't think I'll need them in the future.

But I won't knock the OP for opting out of GTT for whatever reason he chooses because sometimes "a man/woman's gotta do what he/she's gotta do".

I did have an issue a while back about not getting an email about my site supporter dues, when I used to get them each year. I asked about them twice, and nothing got fixed, so "I guess VS really doesn't want or need my site support money", so I just stopped contributing. It was different before VS bought the site, I didn't mind helping the original admins.

GTT has always been fun, informative and humorous to me, so I keep coming back. My wife thinks I spend too much time here, but I'm not out drinking or gambling, so she puts up with me. I actually think I can't spend enough time here, but I do what I can.

Sorry to see members leave, but we all have our reasons to go or stay. The world will not stop and life will go on.

Just my 2 cents.
Well said Tom! Some of the posts in this thread are just plain wrong. What gives anyone here the right to malign another member for that member's personal decision to join, stay or quit the forum. Meburdick was one of the early members of this forum and helped make it what it is today. I for one appreciate his post, as some of us do wonder what has become of others. And I completely respect that his principles are important to him.

Someone decided they've had enough of a sandlot ball game and left to go home. All the little *****es threw stones at his back as he walked away ... because that's what little *****es do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts