Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Simple installation and bed will still lift....I just don't know how much it really muffles..I'm so bothered by the noise I'm considering selling the Gator..
What's about earmuffs?! Or a helmet? A Gator means to much fun to sell it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's about earmuffs?! Or a helmet? A Gator means to much fun to sell it :bigthumb:
I often wear molded ear plugs but those are a hassle..On another subject I'm a little disappointed that I have two broken rubber boots.. Is there a way to keep those u joints greased without replacing the boots?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,631 Posts
Simple installation and bed will still lift....I just don't know how much it really muffles..I'm so bothered by the noise I'm considering selling the Gator..
From what I've read the 625 is a noisy beast.
How old is it? I think the newer ones are better.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Years ago when I was in the commercial tire business we had 16 hp. Kohler motors on our compressors for our service trucks that were very loud until we fitted them with mufflers from old reefer units off of trailers. It really quieted them down.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I test drove a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT today...Could not believe how much quieter it is than my Gator..John Deere should be ashamed..

no disrespect but you are comparing Apples and Grapefruit.... That mule compares to the 825I Not the 625... spend enough money and you can get a fully glass cabbed up 825I gator with the quiet kit that is reasonably quiet.and very enjoyable

.for just a few thousand dollars more than a new jeep wrangler:lolol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
no disrespect but you are comparing Apples and Grapefruit.... That mule compares to the 825I Not the 625... spend enough money and you can get a fully glass cabbed up 825I gator with the quiet kit that is reasonably quiet.and very enjoyable

.for just a few thousand dollars more than a new jeep wrangler:lolol:

:hi: I think, you're right. But lawman seems to be dissatisfied and maybe it's better to change the vehicle, which is, mostly, just for fun :unknown:

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts