Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In case anyone noticed water dripping on floor inside their truck, check your a/c drain. The other day I had fog coming out of dash vents, didn't think much of it as it was real humid out. Then I noticed water dripping on the center hump of my floor board yesterday. Today I put it up on ramps and found the drain hose. It's located on the passenger side firewall right under the evaporator. It has a rubber hose attached and bend 90 degree bend down. Used blow gun and shot air up inside hose and man the water poured out, got a shower. Must have been almost half a gallon came out. 2014 2500 HD Durmax.

·
Registered
21,539 Posts
With what you had going on I would have guessed the heater core was leaking first.

If you park outside around here you need to pay attention to these drains - mostly the windshield cowl and sunroof drains. Been there done that - that's one more reason I insist on parking the vehicles in the barn.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless away from home mine is parked inside. Not sure what plugged it, but it was plugged. Only 35000 miles on truck, first time I ever had one plug on any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
21,539 Posts
Unless away from home mine is parked inside. Not sure what plugged it, but it was plugged. Only 35000 miles on truck, first time I ever had one plug on any of my vehicles.
As I was writing my above post I thought of that - you would think the A/C drain would not be affected by any foriegn matter from the outside.

But fresh air still would have to come across the A/C coil - maybe take a good flashlight and look down into the windshield cowl for some foriegn matter.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I was writing my above post I thought of that - you would think the A/C drain would not be affected by any foriegn matter from the outside.

But fresh air still would have to come across the A/C coil - maybe take a good flashlight and look down into the windshield cowl for some foriegn matter.
Did that not seeing anything. Mud dobbers are bad this year, it a possibility that they plugged it. Turned my head when water let loose so didn't see if any junk came out :dunno:. Happens again will investigate further.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It normally doesn't take much to block one. Seeing they are only gravity drain. Sometimes you can open the end of the tube more if you have a repeated problem.

Just be glad you could get to the bottom of the drain. The early Grand Cherokee's drained into the una body. Good luck cleaning one of them out.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Did that not seeing anything. Mud dobbers are bad this year, it a possibility that they plugged it. Turned my head when water let loose so didn't see if any junk came out :dunno:. Happens again will investigate further.
I'll bet mud dobbers. I removed a failed electronic key pad from my pole barn walk door (had not worked in years) that left two screw holes in the door. I intend to plug with silicone caulk. Next time I was to the barn both holes had been "dobbed" closed. :nunu:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts