Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably an odd question and I will try to be as clear as possible.

I use my 3rd scv for my hydro toplink. I would like to also be able to use that scv for a hydro operated back drag on my snow push or a grapple. Since I have a top link that has check valves, might there be a way to add some shut off valves to the lines and add in a place to attach some hoses. This way I could turn off the the toplink and use the grapple, or go the other way.

I guess I am looking for a cheap alternative to adding another scv. I would rarely need this, but it would be nice to have. My other option is to unplug the toplink when not needed, but thats to simple.:good2:

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Shut off valves would work, but that is inconvenient and not sexy at all. What you need is a electric diverter like this: 9-7852. You can even stack two or three together to effectively "split" your SCV 2 or 3 ways. A guy (Hanson???) over on TBN just did 2 together, added QD's directly to the diverter valve and it came out very sexy looking.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I would permanently mount that on the rear of the tractor? Then a switch would change between the two? I am not real savy on electric diverters. How reliable are they?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Shut off valves would work, but that is inconvenient and not sexy at all. What you need is a electric diverter like this: 9-7852. You can even stack two or three together to effectively "split" your SCV 2 or 3 ways. A guy (Hanson???) over on TBN just did 2 together, added QD's directly to the diverter valve and it came out very sexy looking.
Damn you Kenny....now I'm gonna have to ponder this! LOL...
Long story short is I NEED more circuits out back...just dont know what to do yet.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
They are very reliable. Basically there is one input that would be plumbed to the third SCV, and two outputs. The one output is active when no power is applied to the valve, and the other output is active only when the valve is powered. I have been using one on my loader for my grapple for years as well as many others doing the same.

By the time you buy the proper valves and Tee's, the cost diference is nothing. You need hoses either way so that is a wash.

·
Registered
733 Posts
By the time you buy the proper valves and Tee's, the cost diference is nothing. You need hoses either way so that is a wash.
Cost compared to what?
I guess I'm trying to first decide to either Diverter or Solenoid operated Valve in the PB.

My "problem" is I'd like to tuck/hide everything somehwere under the cab...this diverter seems to be on the small side...which should make for easy hiding.
In a perfect world, I'd have 3 Remotes out back right now.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Cost compared to what?
Compared to properly rated valves and Tee's that Brian mentioned. He said he wanted simple and cheap, and the diverter is just that. Adding a regular solenoid valve to the PB is more complicated.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny,
Could I ask a huge favor and ask you to give me a parts list of what I would need to purchase so I could put this in with quick disconnects?

I assume I could use a JD Diverter switch?

This rocks! Thank you!

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is a good cheap way for me to add the 4th rear circuit I need for a fully hydraulic rear blade on my 4520. As Kenny mentions you need the hoses and fittings no matter how you approach the problem. If done corectly this can be tucked under the cab on a 4X20 series. Should be able to fit two of these in the space, right now I have my quick couplers there for the joystick circuits and there is plenty of room left over.

Another option for those with the rare implement that needs several cylinders such as the fully hydraulic rear blade is to have this mounted to the implement. This would reduce the amount of hoses running to the tractor, you would need a small remote control wire and plugin connector. Everyones setup is different and the only implement I use that would need four circuits is the rearblade. Blade angle could be the primary function and boom offset would be the secondary function. The existing topntilt handles the rest.

If you don't have topntilt and need to add these functions you can stack these valves and have several functions. While a lttle inconvenient, it's not nearly as irritating as getting off and manually adjusting everything all the time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Another option for those with the rare implement that needs several cylinders such as the fully hydraulic rear blade is to have this mounted to the implement. This would reduce the amount of hoses running to the tractor, you would need a small remote control wire and plugin connector. Everyones setup is different and the only implement I use that would need four circuits is the rearblade. Blade angle could be the primary function and boom offset would be the secondary function. The existing topntilt handles the rest.
ORRRRR.....Mount it to the iMatch....would work for various attachments!

·
Registered
430 Posts
ORRRRR.....Mount it to the iMatch....would work for various attachments!

That's a good idea, getting away form the moving arms is always good, I have seen some hose set ups that look like an accident waiting for a place to happen.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Kenny,
Could I ask a huge favor and ask you to give me a parts list of what I would need to purchase so I could put this in with quick disconnects?

I assume I could use a JD Diverter switch?

This rocks! Thank you!
I will work on it..And yes you can use the JD switch.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
OK Brian, lets see if this is specific enough...Or just bring it on over:lol:

-1 Switch, JD # should be LVA11181 (it can be any switch though...)
-1 Diverter valve, SC # 9-7852
-1 Hirschman Connector, SC # 11-2457
-Miscellaneous wire, connectors and hardware to mount the valve.
-4 Female QD’s, unsure of the size used on your tractor? Get me the numbers off of it please but probably 3/8". They should be either ISO-A or ISO-B's. These would go on the 4 OUT ports of the valve labeled C2-C4
-4 SAE 8 to whatever sized thread is in on the female QD’s adapters, probably 3/8” NPT
-2 hoses with male QD’s to plug into your 3rd remote, and then go to the IN of the diverter, 3/8 hose would be good here, will also need 2 more SAE 8 to 3/8” NPT adapters.

My suggestion is to order the valve, switch, QD's and some of the adapters you know you will need, then get it all mounted so you can measure for hoses.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kenny! I am going to look at stuff when I get home and order up!

What is the one HIRSCHMANN CONNECTOR for?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The 3x and 4x20's use 1/2" QD's...ISO-A...

Just MY opinion Brian, I'd suggest some Parker/Pioneer ones...I use 8010-4P Male nipples on everything...havent had to buy any females yet...Plus with the wide variety of female coupler "styles", you got options on mounting.
http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.7100150cebe5bbc2d6806710237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=f5c9b5bbec622110VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&vgnextdiv=687539&vgnextcatid=5905098&vgnextcat=AGRICULTURAL+QUICK+COUPLINGS&Wtky=

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Thanks Kenny! I am going to look at stuff when I get home and order up!

What is the one HIRSCHMANN CONNECTOR for?

That is the connector needed to hook the wire to the valve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts