Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a fairly new 5085E and the dealer offered to install a 2 function single point connector for the loader as part of the deal. The connector was not available when the tractor was delivered and is now but I am having second thoughts on whether this would actually be worthwhile, or maybe even a problem down the road if I change implements for example. I do intend to remove the loader frame, but at most maybe 1-2 times per year. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
If you remove your loader a lot, they are very valuable, but for one or two times a year the expense wouldn't be worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
If he's willing to throw it in for free or give you a discount on the tractor without it, tough call.

Having the single point won't hurt a thing. If you ever plan to add a grapple you might see if it's expandable to add a third set of lines later. Some people have reported the extra holes are already in the single point connectors, just not sure if Deere has changed that or not.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If he's willing to throw it in for free or give you a discount on the tractor without it, tough call.

Having the single point won't hurt a thing. If you ever plan to add a grapple you might see if it's expandable to add a third set of lines later. Some people have reported the extra holes are already in the single point connectors, just not sure if Deere has changed that or not.
Thanks, that was one of my concerns whether or not this would screw up adding a grapple or not. I will check on this.

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
The ones I have seen all can expand to 3 function. Some of the newest ones even have provisions for an electrical connector. The electrical connector would be handy if you have the global coupler for your loader bucket/implements and the remote operator for the global coupler. It uses a diverter so the dump/curl valve controls the coupler hydraulics.

You did not state a cost, but I spent over $500 just for the parts to convert my 2030. It is a joy every time I remove or replace the loader. I have a 3 function set up, so single lever verses 6 quick couplers is a no brainer for me. There is one quick coupler for the relief valve drain I have to remember to uncouple.

I like it so much I also converted my 6415

I can dig up pictures I you want, LMK

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't prevent adding a grapple. If it isn't big enough for the two extra lines you would just have them separate.
Thanks everyone. I am going for it. Wow this hydraulics stuff seems complicated, at least to me.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 7 of 7 Posts