Green Tractor Talk banner

Single point fel hydraulic connector interference

4K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  Jdw1 
#1 ·
I installed the single point hydraulic connector for my front end loader about a month ago. I’ve noticed that the design of the vertical column that bolts to the tractor, the one with the hydraulic fittings on the top, is very very close to the side engine panel. I have a very difficult time removing and reinstalling that side panel on the engine. At best, I’m going to eventually end up with a very scratched up side panel, and at worst it will be a broken panel. While I personally think that this is a design error, I recognize that I have to live with it. Have any of you that have the same configuration figured out an easy way to remove and reinstall that side engine panel?

#2 ·
It's tight for sure. I've found sliding the panel back to disengage and then slowly working it up seems to help. I also place a small towel between the upright and the panel to help avoid scratches.

I thought about shimming it out 1/8" to 1/4" but not sure if it would help or maybe cause issues between the upright and the loader mast.

#3 ·
Be sure to check out this thread so at least you're prepared:

#9 ·
It's the front of the engine housing panel that will give a hard time. Release the panel, slide it to the removal position, pull the front end towards you, and then slide it out with ease. The rubber edging you put on the support column will keep the panel from being scratch. 2 minutes tops.

Reactions: MattL
#10 ·
Doesn't the loader stand get in the way?

#13 ·
I added a few washers when I mounted mine to fix this. The bolts are plenty long enough. I think I added two but I wish I had added three. I'll fix that when I get around to buying longer original bolts. My OEM bolts have the square under the round head. So they were easy to tighten. They just were not long enough. The ones with the kit were just regular bolts.

Reactions: Mackford13
#14 ·
You mounted the mast, with shim washers, using the bolts that were already there? Mine were barely long enough to get the nuts started... :unsure:

Reactions: chex313
#18 ·
They are a pain to hold in place...If you can get an extra pair of hands it would be a breeze. At least 3 fit. I remember holding that piece of iron in one hand and putting the bolt through without dropping the washers out. Like threading a needle. Too bad the longer bolts can not fit from the inside out, like my OEM's did.

#20 ·
I guess you guys basically installed the SPHC using the 2025R instructions which calls for 3 spacer washers on each bolt.

I'll upgrade mine when I reinstall the manifolds and that should eliminate the tight fit of the side cover.

#21 ·
I guess you guys basically installed the SPHC using the 2025R instructions which calls for 3 spacer washers on each bolt.

I'll upgrade mine when I reinstall the manifolds and that should eliminate the tight fit of the side cover.
Wait...There were instructions??? 😄 😄

GPS was nice enough to call me and tell me it doesn't fit an H120 FEL...politely told them , It does if you ignore the directions and mount a couple of the hoses backwards. (y) Thankfully it didn't prevent the warranty.

#26 ·
I wonder if there has been some sort of designe change for the 2021 120R. With my single point hydro connector, I earlier pointed out how close the parking stand came to the hydro connector pedistal, so I felt that I couldn’t add the washers. Here’s a pic of the space with the fel attached the space is about 1/2 inch (no washers) :

Green Light Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable

#27 · (Edited)
I wonder if there has been some sort of designe change for the 2021 120R. With my single point hydro connector, I earlier pointed out how close the parking stand came to the hydro connector pedistal, so I felt that I couldn’t add the washers. Here’s a pic of the space with the fel attached the space is about 1/2 inch (no washers) :
Your hoses look like they are aimed at the stand...Have you tried turning them in more towards the tractor? The end hoses black and red could be pointed towards the front and back. Also I sandwiched my hanger bracket for the SP top assembly in between the FEL Mast. It gave a bit more clearance and fits OK. If I put a nylon tie on the yellow line would clear by 2 inches...I have to go look again to see if I even have that part that is so close on yours and looks like a grab handle. I have 2 washers.

Yours do swivel correct? That washer next to the black cast part is a swivel point.

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring

#34 ·
Subscribing for future install.

Reactions: chex313
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.