Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched but 100's or more threads. Good read but I get interested in everything I read and lose track of time... Now to my question, I'm interested in the Single Point for my 1023e w/fel for those that have a front blade with angle kit, or those that know the answer, what was your fix to connect the hydraulic hose's from the angle kit to the SP? Purchase another connection? Remove from one reinstall on another? Did I miss something? Or is this just for fel?
Thanks, Happy Spring!
Be Safe.

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
To get the most out of the single point functionality you should purchase addition implement-side manifolds for the other implements that you have like front blades, snow blowers, brooms, etc. That way everything can take advantage of the versatility of the single point connection.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks great. Just curious, since the snowblower has a separate cylinder for the turning the chute, instead of angling the quick hitch, how do you attach these hoses?

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
That looks great. Just curious, since the snowblower has a separate cylinder for the turning the chute, instead of angling the quick hitch, how do you attach these hoses?
You attach the chute rotation hoses to the 2nd manifold along with the 2 hoses from the lift cylinder on the Quik Tach hitch.

You can remove the snow blower and leave it on the front Quik Tach hitch, so the 2 hoses for the lift cylinder on the Quik Tach and the 2 hoses for the chute rotation remain connected to the 2nd manifold. Personally, I think it's much easier to mount the Quik Tach by removing the snow blower first, all you would have to do is disconnect the two lines from the manifold for whichever item you are separating from the manifold.

You could even arrange to have the 2 quick connect fittings on the back of the manifold for the 2 lines you are disconnecting to make splitting it off easier. I would put those on the chute rotational lines as its easier to mount the front Quik Tach without the snow blower attached.

While its easy to remove the front Quik Tach unit with the snow blower attached so everything stays together, Just sit the snow blower and hitch on the furniture carts and you can roll them away from the front of the tractor. But when it comes time to put back on your tractor, you will likely want to mount the hitch first and then add the snow blower onto the hitch once installed on the tractor. It's easier than wrestling with the snow blower while trying to align the hitch.

If you use both the snow plow and the snow blower, you could swap the two lines at the manifold for whichever 4 lines you need connected. Just have a way to secure the extra two lines up in that area so you can connect the chute rotation lines when using the snow blower and then disconnect the chute rotational lines and connect the angle cylinder lines when using the plow on the quik tach.

When you switch from blower to blade, your two lines for the chute rotation would leave with the snow blower being removed. The two extra lines for the angle cylinder on the hitch would remain with the hitch lift lines in that hose grouping. I use velcro straps to secure the hitch angle cylinder lines when not using them to keep them safe and clean, just strap them to the other lines and keep the ends covered to keep dirt out of the connections.

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Premium Member
3,286 Posts
With my single point I just take it off in the winter and reinstall it in the spring. It comes off with just two bolts and then it is not exposed to the salt and crap.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How much does the implement side manifold/connector run? I assume you can use the hoses from the front quick hitch and replace the quick connects with a coupler.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You attach the chute rotation hoses to the 2nd manifold along with the 2 hoses from the lift cylinder on the Quik Tach hitch.

You can remove the snow blower and leave it on the front Quik Tach hitch, so the 2 hoses for the lift cylinder on the Quik Tach and the 2 hoses for the chute rotation remain connected to the 2nd manifold. Personally, I think it's much easier to mount the Quik Tach by removing the snow blower first, all you would have to do is disconnect the two lines from the manifold for whichever item you are separating from the manifold.

You could even arrange to have the 2 quick connect fittings on the back of the manifold for the 2 lines you are disconnecting to make splitting it off easier. I would put those on the chute rotational lines as its easier to mount the front Quik Tach without the snow blower attached.

While its easy to remove the front Quik Tach unit with the snow blower attached so everything stays together, Just sit the snow blower and hitch on the furniture carts and you can roll them away from the front of the tractor. But when it comes time to put back on your tractor, you will likely want to mount the hitch first and then add the snow blower onto the hitch once installed on the tractor. It's easier than wrestling with the snow blower while trying to align the hitch.

If you use both the snow plow and the snow blower, you could swap the two lines at the manifold for whichever 4 lines you need connected. Just have a way to secure the extra two lines up in that area so you can connect the chute rotation lines when using the snow blower and then disconnect the chute rotational lines and connect the angle cylinder lines when using the plow on the quik tach.

When you switch from blower to blade, your two lines for the chute rotation would leave with the snow blower being removed. The two extra lines for the angle cylinder on the hitch would remain with the hitch lift lines in that hose grouping. I use velcro straps to secure the hitch angle cylinder lines when not using them to keep them safe and clean, just strap them to the other lines and keep the ends covered to keep dirt out of the connections.
Forgive me but I am still confused on the configuration for those of us that switch frequently between the plow and the snow blower. If the manifold is initially set up for the snow blower, which has the chute turning cylinder separate from the quick hitch, and switch over to have hydraulic flow to the quickhitch angling cylinder what is the procedure other than changing the couplers at the manifold. Would these be quick couplers? I would prefer some method that eliminates attaching and detaching hoses when switching between the plow and blower. Again, forgive me for the confusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts