Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was re-attaching my H180 loader today and could not get the single point connector to connect. I pulled the connector lever down hard but it wouldn't connect easily as it has always done. So, I put my foot on it to get more force and it finally connected :bigthumb:. Everything was aligned at the time I did this - I suspected the hydraulic fluid had expanded and high pressure was causing the problem.

Once I started the tractor, hydraulic fluid began leaking from the connector. I stopped the tractor and disconnected the single point connector - see pictures below. On one of the connectors I could see a blue piece of plastic on both the tractor side and loader side (you can see this in the photos if you look closely).

Does anyone know what might be wrong with this? I couldn't find the single point in the John Deere catalog - I was hoping I just need an o-ring.

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Unfortunately I think your charting new territory. Here is the parts breakdown as shown in JDParts but it does not get down to that level. The FASTER site does not show much either.

0002085632____________A1.jpg

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
Unfortunately I think your charting new territory. Here is the parts breakdown as shown in JDParts but it does not get down to that level. The FASTER site does not show much either.

View attachment 563241
If you go to JDparts; 640 Farm Loader PC2361 > 50 Hydraulic Hoses and Lines > Multi-Coupler ST406803. There is a complete breakdown of all the parts for couplers halves. I would post the drawing, but I can't figure out how since parts changed to Parts Advisor :banghead:

May you know how Kenny :flag_of_truce: :dunno::dunno:

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
If you go to JDparts; 640 Farm Loader PC2361 > 50 Hydraulic Hoses and Lines > Multi-Coupler ST406803. There is a complete breakdown of all the parts for couplers halves. I would post the drawing, but I can't figure out how since parts changed to Parts Advisor :banghead:

May you know how Kenny :flag_of_truce: :dunno::dunno:
I don't use the new PA, I'm still using the old classic site till they get rid of it. I'll try later...

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Here is the info per Zebra's advice:

WP6133_________UN15AUG05.jpg

MULTI-COUPLER
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1DC52720Cover1
2......Knob1
3......Housing1
4......Bushing1
5......Pawl1
6......Spring1
7DC52730Detent1
8AW32109Control Lever1
9W54956Grip1
10......Housing4
11......Spring4
12......Pawl4
13......Seal1
14AW32098Hyd. Quick-Connect Coupler1(A) (SUB FOR AW31304)
15CC52723Plate1
16DC40112Spindle2
17......Flange Nut2(ORD DC40112)
18......O-Ring2(ORD DC40112)
19DC40110Screw2
20DC52727Seal4
21AW34846Hydr. Quick Coupler Plug4(SUB FOR DC52725 OR AW32743)
22......Spring1
23......Intermediate Housing1
24......Guide1
25......Valve Seat1
26......Spring1
27......Cap1
28DC52731Quick Coupler4
29AW31305Hyd. Quick-Connect Coupler1(B)
30DC52718Plug And Seal Kit Bushing1
31W47951Label1
32......Plate1
33......O-Ring1(ORD AW32109)
34......Cam1(ORD AW32109)
35......Nut1(ORD AW32109)
36......Pin1(ORD DC52720)
37......Spring1(ORD DC52720)
(A) For 3-function order AW31304 and DC52731(B) For 3-function order AW31305 and AW34846

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
I don't use the new PA, I'm still using the old classic site till they get rid of it. I'll try later...

"old parts catalog" quit working for me :nunu: I click the box for the old parts catalog and it takes me to the 'new" Parts Advisor :banghead:

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
"old parts catalog" quit working for me :nunu: I click the box for the old parts catalog and it takes me to the 'new" Parts Advisor :banghead:
My secret link, don't share it! I hope it works for you. With the new PA, you have to take screenshots and post them as pictures, a real PITA for sure and not as helpful.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
Added to my favorites :cheers:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was re-attaching my H180 loader today and could not get the single point connector to connect. I pulled the connector lever down hard but it wouldn't connect easily as it has always done. So, I put my foot on it to get more force and it finally connected :bigthumb:. Everything was aligned at the time I did this - I suspected the hydraulic fluid had expanded and high pressure was causing the problem.

I know you have a big tractor but is this normal for the single point?

I don't think I ever would have done that. Could you relieve the pressure by pushing or tapping the male ends?

Just wondering since I have no experience with a tractor or loader of that size.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know you have a big tractor but is this normal for the single point?

I don't think I ever would have done that. Could you relieve the pressure by pushing or tapping the male ends?

Just wondering since I have no experience with a tractor or loader of that size.
I have never had an issue with the one point like I did the day this happened. When I first pulled the lever down, I met strong resistance. So I pulled the tractor closer to the loader to make sure I had plenty of slack in the hoses for perfect alignment, but I still couldn't pull the lever down. I used my foot gently, it went down fairly easy that way.

I suspected that I might have built pressure in one of the loader lines, but jeez who wants to bleed 4 lines? Next time I feel this resistance, I WILL BLEED THE LINES. Live and learn.

On surfing the FASTER Couplings website, it seems that some of the couplers are designed to be connected under pressure. So, I am not sure that hydraulic lock was my problem. I am currently waiting for a response from one of their representatives as to which coupler/parts I need.

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
I have never had an issue with the one point like I did the day this happened. When I first pulled the lever down, I met strong resistance. So I pulled the tractor closer to the loader to make sure I had plenty of slack in the hoses for perfect alignment, but I still couldn't pull the lever down. I used my foot gently, it went down fairly easy that way.

I suspected that I might have built pressure in one of the loader lines, but jeez who wants to bleed 4 lines? Next time I feel this resistance, I WILL BLEED THE LINES. Live and learn.

On surfing the FASTER Couplings website, it seems that some of the couplers are designed to be connected under pressure. So, I am not sure that hydraulic lock was my problem. I am currently waiting for a response from one of their representatives as to which coupler/parts I need.
I think JD uses the non connect under pressure 2P series male coupler. The 3P series is the connect under pressure series.
I think the replacement male coupler in 3P series would be KIT3FNP3811/38S

1 - 14 of 14 Posts