Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi !! Help!

I've come to a dead end on my search through the forums and I've reached out to my dealer for support.... which I'm doubting they will be able to help, but I'm trying my luck here.
I have the BXX10283 FASTER single point hydraulic kit on my 1025R. One of the best investments I have installed because I do remove my loader quite often. Highly recommended.
I've ran into an issue where I have damaged one of the coupler seals, and I am short on finding a part number or a way to order a new one.

Hoping someone has had this experience or could find a part number for me before my dealer can.
I would be fine with purchasing a new coupler with seals if it came down to it, and turning wrenches is my game.

Without having the FASTER part number its been painful browsing through their 436 page product catalogue.
I'm not too far way from picking the o-ring out to measure and source locally.... which you all know is a pain in the you know what.

Manual:
https://www.greenpartstore.com/asse...s/2020/bxx10283-installation-instructions.pdf
Page 2 - Item 17
Tractor coupler half
Or
TR112946_19 Manual (john deere manual)
Page 2 - Item 14
Tractor coupler half

There is a small 0-ring seal in the coupler that is damaged (blue)

Damaged Seal (Blue) - Leaking

Good Seal

Not sure if this helps

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,692 Posts
These that are getting failed seals - They are getting warranty repaired. Your selling (the the SPC) dealer should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BOBL, I was heading down that path if I unfortunately became stuck in the mud.

MattL - If I read what you're saying correctly, I'll definitely have a look into warranty with my dealer.
I've had the kit now for over a year and never considered looking into that. Coupler base was dotpeen stamped March 2019.

Thanks for the help so far fellas!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,692 Posts
Thanks BOBL, I was heading down that path if I unfortunately became stuck in the mud.

MattL - If I read what you're saying correctly, I'll definitely have a look into warranty with my dealer.
I've had the kit now for over a year and never considered looking into that. Coupler base was dotpeen stamped March 2019.

Thanks for the help so far fellas!
Hum... Not sure if you'll have luck with warranty after a year, but can't hurt to try. @MarkEagleUSA had trouble with his after a short period and it was covered. Maybe Mark can shed some light.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
When I went the first go around on the SPHC, mine started leaking also out of the manifold. I ended up sending mine back for a refund. (I had went through Green Parts Store.) Come to find out it was defective. Needless to say I had only had it for a month. A year later & I decided to purchase it again. I've had it now for a couple months & no issues. But like @MattL said talk to your dealer or where you purchased it & see what they can do for you. Ya & hopefully @MarkEagleUSA will chime in here with his experience.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts

I was told by Faster that the seals (they're not standard O-rings; they have square edges) are p/n SK MF 38, but I have not been able to locate them as of yet. As far as I know from my experience, Deere does not have seals available as of yet.

·
Registered
640 Posts
All these blown seals. Are any of you connecting and/or disconnecting the single point coupler while the hydraulics are still under pressure? Tractor running, or shut off without cycling the loader lever?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
X2. They SPC is supposed to be attached or separated with tractor turned off just like you would with the factory quick couplers.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
X2. They SPC is supposed to be attached or separated with tractor turned off just like you would with the factory quick couplers.
Faster's spec says "residual pressure", but I couldn't get a clear definition on what that is from them. Green Part Store said they were told by Deere that pressure should be bled as stated in the owners manual when connecting any hydraulics.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Mark, "Residual pressure" would be any pressure remaining after system pressure is removed/stopped.

Let's say you have an "implement" that is raised/lowered/moved by your hydraulics. You move a lever to raise the implement, your valve opens, fluid goes to a cylinder, and the implement moves. Once thee implement is where you want it, you release the lever, valve closes, and system pressure is no longer going to implement. BUT! The implement has weight and applies pressure to the oil. This is the "residual pressure". Another example is when you shut your tractor down. Any disconnects may still have pressure between the coupler and the valve. Cycling the control lever(s) after shutting down relieves these "residual pressures". Bob

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
Mark, "Residual pressure" would be any pressure remaining after system pressure is removed/stopped.

Let's say you have an "implement" that is raised/lowered/moved by your hydraulics. You move a lever to raise the implement, your valve opens, fluid goes to a cylinder, and the implement moves. Once thee implement is where you want it, you release the lever, valve closes, and system pressure is no longer going to implement. BUT! The implement has weight and applies pressure to the oil. This is the "residual pressure". Another example is when you shut your tractor down. Any disconnects may still have pressure between the coupler and the valve. Cycling the control lever(s) after shutting down relieves these "residual pressures". Bob
Sort of figured that but it would have been nice to get a clarification from the manufacturer.

I still find it unnerving that repair parts aren't available from Mother Deere for a $650 accessory.

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts

I was told by Faster that the seals (they're not standard O-rings; they have square edges) are p/n SK MF 38, but I have not been able to locate them as of yet. As far as I know from my experience, Deere does not have seals available as of yet.
Faster Seal kit Mult. 3FFV 38 SK MF 38 (86002524) - Spare parts for agricultural machinery and tractors. (agropomoc.com)
Didn't catch what country they are shipping from, but since the price says "includes VAT's", I can only assume its an E.U. country?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, this is great stuff... honestly.
In my introductions thread, I did post I've been "browsing" for quite a few years before becoming a member, and the help around here is just outstanding.
I get to state that now and it feels good.
I read through the 6 page Leaking single point hydraulic connector thread..... and I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't find that thread before posting this one. Only 2 months old.
We will see what my dealer has in store for me on an answer.

I'm really thinking I did the damage myself... I did see the pin caught just under the seal (wasn't sprung back into the seat position) When I went to push down the pin to re-seat I potentially caused a scar.. which potentially created wear, and now here's where I'm at. That's my observation...at least, because the system has been working great up until that point.

Also, thanks for pointing out the O-ring is actually square edges.... you're absolutely right after closer inspection.

Hopefully this thread and the site links helps others if they run into this situation...

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,677 Posts
By the way, International COuntry code 48 for the phone number for the seal source company is Poland...........

Reactions: Matt_Attach

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
I would try and find a quad style O-ring and see if it would work (only because the factory part seems so hard to find)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
And for those that may not know what a quad o-ring is:

Usually available at an industrial supply company like McMaster-Carr and such. Hydraulic repair shops may also have them. Bob

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,481 Posts
Just something else I can add. I had mine covered under warranty (GPS)as posted in Eagles thread.

I checked with my dealer and they are aware of the issue, they are working on it they have been covering it, and you have a good chance of getting it covered by your dealer, if they value you as a customer.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts