Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

Registered
Thanks Matt,
An original hose will work(I have it), As long as I put the loader on first. (Needs an Elbow)

GPS is going to Warranty it again(Thank you GPS 馃嵑 馃嵒)...but Deere is telling them it is the last time. The reason being that the SP was not made for the H120 loader...and yes that is what they told me when I bought it. If you flip the hose around to use the elbow at the opposite end it works fine...I don't blame them... thankful they are warranting it twice...although what the actual difference in loaders? Probably none that would cause this failure.

They gave me the same choice for shipping and this time I chose crossshipping and paid for the new one, That cost and shipping will be refunded once they receive the old ones. I want to have it up and running sooner.

How many of the failures are H120 loaders? I thought I might be the only one and told them that. I know MarkEagle has a 120R...
I have a 120R also that it happened to.

That's great news. Gotta love GPS. That's great there standing behind it again. Also I don't think it's the difference in loaders either since its happening on both versions. It would be nice if Deere would figure out a solution for this. This seems to be coming to often of a problem. Hearing you had this issue again makes me nervous with my second go around with SPHC.

Registered
2015 1025R
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
馃枑 120R Loader failure here too

Reactions: chex313

Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
Good news for you folks with the 120R...No excuses for denying warranty. I hope no one else has it happen a second time...or even a first.

Letting the tractor sit for an hour to cool it off and get all pressure off so it doesn't happen a third time seems counter productive...I am not going to change my habit of using it. If it fails again it fails again. If I can't get it fixed it will be back to stock. It will be on all winter so I at least will not have to worry about failure before a snow.

GPS said if it fails again I'll have to by a new one...and I laughed...It is not designed and will not be covered under warranty, why would I buy a new one? :p

Registered
2015 1025R
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The reason being that the SP was not made for the H120 loader...and yes that is what they told me when I bought it.
Here I am sipping on some rum tonight and pondered... what else would you use the SP connector for?
Is there some other hydraulic implement I'm unaware of that will use the SP?
I primarily and justifiably purchased the SP specifically for the Loader because I do remove it on a weekly basis.

Side to this, I had about roughly ~ 60-70hrs on the SP before the seal failure and maybe ~20ish disconnects/reconnects.

oh and... good luck tomorrow Dave 馃嵑

Administrator
Here I am sipping on some rum tonight and pondered... what else would you use the SP connector for?
Is there some other hydraulic implement I'm unaware of that will use the SP?
I primarily and justifiably purchased the SP specifically for the Loader because I do remove it on a weekly basis.

Side to this, I had about roughly ~ 60-70hrs on the SP before the seal failure and maybe ~20ish disconnects/reconnects.
If you bought extra "top" pieces, you could use it for the front blade, snowblower, and broom.

Registered
2015 1025R
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
If you bought extra "top" pieces, you could use it for the front blade, snowblower, and broom.
馃嵒Cheers Kenny.
The rum always speaks before I do. ha!

Premium Member
Thanks Matt,
An original hose will work(I have it), As long as I put the loader on first. (Needs an Elbow)

GPS is going to Warranty it again(Thank you GPS 馃嵑 馃嵒)...but Deere is telling them it is the last time. The reason being that the SP was not made for the H120 loader...and yes that is what they told me when I bought it. If you flip the hose around to use the elbow at the opposite end it works fine...I don't blame them... thankful they are warranting it twice...although what the actual difference in loaders? Probably none that would cause this failure.

They gave me the same choice for shipping and this time I chose crossshipping and paid for the new one, That cost and shipping will be refunded once they receive the old ones. I want to have it up and running sooner.

How many of the failures are H120 loaders? I thought I might be the only one and told them that. I know MarkEagle has a 120R...
Deere saying it's not for your application is so LAME. Reminds me of the MX mower gear boxes breaking the output shafts that Deere would not stand behind, but changed gear box suppliers.

Registered
I have 2. I have one to connect loader to tractor and a second that connects my loader implements to the global attachment. I have several tops that I have on attachments. I have had no issues with any of mine but mine are noticably different from what you guys have. Both of mine are 6 point, that's what I needed on the tractor and my dealer gave me the one for the front of the loader along with the spare tops.

Premium Member
Received my 2nd warrantied SP replacement (Both halves) and installed them this morning and RA'ed the bad ones to get my credit...Another new hat and 4 new caps sent to me as well(y)....Now if I can just avoid breaking it for a 3rd time...betting a $100 the seals are the same ones. :(

Registered
Another new hat
Really! I got a hat when I ordered my first one from GPS. When I decided to get it again, I didn't even get the usual can koozie. 馃槖

All joknig aside, glad to hear your back in business. Hopefully it works out. But like you said, I bet it has the same seals.

Registered
I鈥檓 wondering if you pull back on the hoses so it releases up straight while removing it? I鈥檝e had mine on and off many many times and so far so good. I also do it when installing it. If you have been then I鈥檓 worried mine will do the same in the future. 馃檨

Reactions: chex313

Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
I鈥檓 wondering if you pull back on the hoses so it releases up straight while removing it? I鈥檝e had mine on and off many many times and so far so good. I also do it when installing it. If you have been then I鈥檓 worried mine will do the same in the future. 馃檨
Since replacing mine I've been careful to remove and install it as straight and as square as possible.

Registered

Premium Member
I'll baby the removal as much as I can from now on as long as I remember... My failure this last time occurred before removal ...the lock stuck fast and I couldn't move it to fully unlock. I think it failed right then...Had to lock it again and muscle it to unlock. If I can I'll try to get it straight up.

More than that tho I will turn off the tractor and fully cool it before I play "Operation" on it. 馃槃

Reactions: Mackford13

Registered
2015 1025R
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hoping I receive some feed back this week on the replacement seals.. stay tuned folks !

Registered
Greetings
I am new to this forum--looking for advice. I have the 1025R with a H120 loader. I have been looking for a solution like the BXX10283 for a while now, and especially now as I just had back surgery. I was in process of ordering this single point connector from Green Parts Store. They warned me that they do not warranty it if installed on the H120--but admitted that many customers have done just that. Seeing this particular post and others like it seem to point to the root of the problem--the seals apparently are not the best, and dealers are caught in the middle of this when asked to warranty this connector. Am I correct in inferring that there are inherent problems because of the H120 vs the 120R?

So, any advice on if it is worth getting for the H120? Or is it likely to have a lot of seal issues?
Also, what differences might there be in installing on an H120 vs a 120R?

Thanks all!
Bill

Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
Greetings
I am new to this forum--looking for advice. I have the 1025R with a H120 loader. I have been looking for a solution like the BXX10283 for a while now, and especially now as I just had back surgery. I was in process of ordering this single point connector from Green Parts Store. They warned me that they do not warranty it if installed on the H120--but admitted that many customers have done just that. Seeing this particular post and others like it seem to point to the root of the problem--the seals apparently are not the best, and dealers are caught in the middle of this when asked to warranty this connector. Am I correct in inferring that there are inherent problems because of the H120 vs the 120R?

So, any advice on if it is worth getting for the H120? Or is it likely to have a lot of seal issues?

Thanks all!
Bill
Functionally there is no difference when used on either. I think there are fitment issues on the H120 (obviously ad it wad designed for the 120R). Why the dealer, or more specifically Deere, won't warranty it on an H120 is beyond my pay grade.

I'm not convinced it's the seals that are bad. My opinion is that there's a complexity to the way the parts mate together that hasn't been refined yet. It seems there's a specific action that causes the problem. In my case I'm certain it's because of a "misalignment" during connect and disconnect.

Reactions: Mackford13

Premium Member
Greetings

Thanks all!
Bill
My advice is keep your fittings spotless and take all the pressure off them to make it easy on yourself...

and skip the single point.

Having said that if you did choose to get the SP, it fits on the H120 just the same as the120R...you can just flip the lines around to get the elbows on the other end. That is the only reason it isn't "designed" for our loaders. Failures have nothing do with the loader as almost all the other folks with failures have the 120R that it was designed for.

I think it is heat related so I am going to cool the tractor before I use the SP from now on and do my best to keep it straight when I remove it.

The reason I think it also related to heat and pressure is that I attached and removed it dozens of times as I fit all my lines together when I was installing it...never running the tractor. Also it never failed if I removed it before I ran the tractor and heated it up...My two failures were after it had been running hard for a few hours or more. This is just IMHO....

Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
The reason I think it also related to heat and pressure is that I attached and removed it dozens of times as I fit all my lines together when I was installing it...never running the tractor. Also it never failed if I removed it before I ran the tractor and heated it up...My two failures were after it had been running hard for a few hours or more. This is just IMHO....
FWIW, mine failed cold. Pulled the tractor out of the garage and somehow (I wasn't trying) I grabbed the bail lever. As the 2 manifolds started to separate I realized what was happening and closed the bail. When I went to lower the bucket fluid started running out all over everything. I shut down, relieved pressure, and removed then reattached the manifold. Still leaked. Shut down again, removed the manifolds and there was a piece of seal caught in the plunger. As I said, I feel it's a combination of pressure and misalignment.

Regardless of the cause, it seems to be an engineering issue. I just hope Deere can figure it out AND make replacement seals available.

Premium Member
I think we can agree...might not be the greatest thing to rely on for trouble free operation...I would not choose to buy one at this point...

41 - 60 of 101 Posts