Green Tractor Talk banner

Single Point Hydraulic Connector Kit - BXX10283 - Damaged Seal

33K views 229 replies 39 participants last post by  reichheld 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi !! Help!

I've come to a dead end on my search through the forums and I've reached out to my dealer for support.... which I'm doubting they will be able to help, but I'm trying my luck here.
I have the BXX10283 FASTER single point hydraulic kit on my 1025R. One of the best investments I have installed because I do remove my loader quite often. Highly recommended.
I've ran into an issue where I have damaged one of the coupler seals, and I am short on finding a part number or a way to order a new one.

Hoping someone has had this experience or could find a part number for me before my dealer can.
I would be fine with purchasing a new coupler with seals if it came down to it, and turning wrenches is my game.

Without having the FASTER part number its been painful browsing through their 436 page product catalogue.
I'm not too far way from picking the o-ring out to measure and source locally.... which you all know is a pain in the you know what.

Manual:
https://www.greenpartstore.com/asse...s/2020/bxx10283-installation-instructions.pdf
Page 2 - Item 17
Tractor coupler half
Or
TR112946_19 Manual (john deere manual)
Page 2 - Item 14
Tractor coupler half

There is a small 0-ring seal in the coupler that is damaged (blue)

Damaged Seal (Blue) - Leaking

Good Seal

Not sure if this helps

Thanks in advance!

Matt

See less See more
Reactions: Jimmy Walker
#2 ·
#4 ·
Thanks BOBL, I was heading down that path if I unfortunately became stuck in the mud.

MattL - If I read what you're saying correctly, I'll definitely have a look into warranty with my dealer.
I've had the kit now for over a year and never considered looking into that. Coupler base was dotpeen stamped March 2019.

Thanks for the help so far fellas!

#5 ·
Thanks BOBL, I was heading down that path if I unfortunately became stuck in the mud.

MattL - If I read what you're saying correctly, I'll definitely have a look into warranty with my dealer.
I've had the kit now for over a year and never considered looking into that. Coupler base was dotpeen stamped March 2019.

Thanks for the help so far fellas!
Hum... Not sure if you'll have luck with warranty after a year, but can't hurt to try. @MarkEagleUSA had trouble with his after a short period and it was covered. Maybe Mark can shed some light.

#6 ·
When I went the first go around on the SPHC, mine started leaking also out of the manifold. I ended up sending mine back for a refund. (I had went through Green Parts Store.) Come to find out it was defective. Needless to say I had only had it for a month. A year later & I decided to purchase it again. I've had it now for a couple months & no issues. But like @MattL said talk to your dealer or where you purchased it & see what they can do for you. Ya & hopefully @MarkEagleUSA will chime in here with his experience.

#7 ·

I was told by Faster that the seals (they're not standard O-rings; they have square edges) are p/n SK MF 38, but I have not been able to locate them as of yet. As far as I know from my experience, Deere does not have seals available as of yet.

#81 ·
I

I've had the single point system on my 1025R for about 2 years (300+ hrs) without any problems. I often change out the front loader, sometimes 3-4 times a day, and never shut down the engine, but I always let the 3 pt and the loader pressure off before connecting or disconnecting the single point.

Reactions: chex313
#9 ·
X2. They SPC is supposed to be attached or separated with tractor turned off just like you would with the factory quick couplers.

#10 ·
Faster's spec says "residual pressure", but I couldn't get a clear definition on what that is from them. Green Part Store said they were told by Deere that pressure should be bled as stated in the owners manual when connecting any hydraulics.

#12 ·
Mark, "Residual pressure" would be any pressure remaining after system pressure is removed/stopped.

Let's say you have an "implement" that is raised/lowered/moved by your hydraulics. You move a lever to raise the implement, your valve opens, fluid goes to a cylinder, and the implement moves. Once thee implement is where you want it, you release the lever, valve closes, and system pressure is no longer going to implement. BUT! The implement has weight and applies pressure to the oil. This is the "residual pressure". Another example is when you shut your tractor down. Any disconnects may still have pressure between the coupler and the valve. Cycling the control lever(s) after shutting down relieves these "residual pressures". Bob

#13 ·
Sort of figured that but it would have been nice to get a clarification from the manufacturer.

I still find it unnerving that repair parts aren't available from Mother Deere for a $650 accessory.

#16 ·
Guys, this is great stuff... honestly.
In my introductions thread, I did post I've been "browsing" for quite a few years before becoming a member, and the help around here is just outstanding.
I get to state that now and it feels good.
I read through the 6 page Leaking single point hydraulic connector thread..... and I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't find that thread before posting this one. Only 2 months old.
We will see what my dealer has in store for me on an answer.

I'm really thinking I did the damage myself... I did see the pin caught just under the seal (wasn't sprung back into the seat position) When I went to push down the pin to re-seat I potentially caused a scar.. which potentially created wear, and now here's where I'm at. That's my observation...at least, because the system has been working great up until that point.

Also, thanks for pointing out the O-ring is actually square edges.... you're absolutely right after closer inspection.

Hopefully this thread and the site links helps others if they run into this situation...

#17 ·
By the way, International COuntry code 48 for the phone number for the seal source company is Poland...........

Reactions: Matt_Attach
#18 ·
I would try and find a quad style O-ring and see if it would work (only because the factory part seems so hard to find)

#19 ·
And for those that may not know what a quad o-ring is:

Usually available at an industrial supply company like McMaster-Carr and such. Hydraulic repair shops may also have them. Bob

#20 ·
Just something else I can add. I had mine covered under warranty (GPS)as posted in Eagles thread.

I checked with my dealer and they are aware of the issue, they are working on it they have been covering it, and you have a good chance of getting it covered by your dealer, if they value you as a customer.

#21 ·
So a bit of an update here.... which stings..... but I'm going to invest some time on this so we have a solution here.

Dealer reply:
The LVA24158 for $222.84 (CDN) includes the seal kit and the repair kit.
This is in stock in the states, should be in the end of the week if you want it ordered.
I have no source for just the seal for the one coupler.
Parts have a 6-month warranty only.

That being said.... attached is the SPC kit part number break down from the dealer - I also attached the PDF.

I ordered BOM item 13 with the kits.
That's the part that stings given the situation unfortunately, but I'm in a bit of a corner.
Currently the loader is disconnected, and my value is closed.

For the sake of Science! I'll take this adventure one step further...
I'll see what I get from the kit... and IF the seals are what we believe the seals should be, I'm taking them to a local Seal manufacture (approx 2hrs from my home town that I use for hydraulic cylinder repairs) and I'll request if reverse engineering could be an option with an assigned part number to order as individuals.
No promises, but I'll give it a try.

Attachments

#22 ·
Thanks for being the Guinea pig...expensive option. I had showed mine to the best hydraulic place around me and they said they could fix the seal when it was out of warranty.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
#23 ·
I unhook mine all the time with the engine running and without cycling the lever which with the engine running would just move the loader. I’ve done it multiple times in a day. No problems. The manufacturer will tell you that’s what these special couplers are made for and that’s why they are so expensive. I do make sure that the line up pins are lined up properly when installing. Btw I don’t even extend the loader till the latches snap. I don’t like the stand hitting my tie rod in the front. Again NO issues.

#24 ·
Yeah that is what I did too...I hope you don't regret going thru the PITA when that seal fails...hopefully it was just a bad batch of seals. It takes about 10 sec's longer to shut off ,restart and relieve pressure. I can live with that.

#28 ·
Little bit of an update this morning....

First - A bit disappointed, but I also didn't have high expectations on this purchase.

The "LVA24158 for $222.84 (CDN) includes the seal kit TR109221 and the repair kit TR109220" Is actually just the assembly of the male plate, couplers and dust caps. Picture below.
There's no "repair kit" or "seal kit" separate in a bag when ordering LVA24158 BOM 13. Even the dealer said it was misleading when I opened the box and questioned the order.
My expectations was to see 3 separate components to justify the price..... BUT, I also walked into the dealer expecting I would only see what is shown below.
Being the collaborative consumer that I am... I paid the bill knowing I'm taking another step here. Yes ouch!! but I digress...

That being said, I did get in contact with the engineering department of a very reputable seal manufacture that our business uses for hydraulic cylinder repairs.
He has accepted the task of reviewing the seal to potentially provide a replacement part number.
If there's a good fit here - that does not conflict - we may have a solution.

The seal manufacture will be getting a combination of the following from my Quick connect system. Purchased and Used.

1) New coupler with seal
2) Used coupler with seal undamaged - No leak
3) Used coupler with seal damaged - with leak

All 3 seals from these couplers could be damaged when removed, and I've given the manufacture the OK for the sake of community support.

If a seal is provided with a part number, my plan is to replace the leaking seal that is currently in the leaking coupler and verify I don't see leaks.
If this works.... we may have a solution here in north America without paying a ridiculous repair cost and needing to go through what I'm going through now.

Let's cross some fingers.
I'll most likely have an update with the seal manufacture in a few weeks or less.

#30 · (Edited)
Any news yet Matt? I just had my second failure on my SP. Clearly they are just using bad seals. Pressure was relieved and tractor was off. It was hard to get off so I locked it back on and tried again. Ruined my day (which wasn't going that great anyway). This was a worse failure as the seal has stuck the connector and causing it to leak.

I 100% need my forks to lift two Generators on Friday and now I am screwed. I will not even have time to take everything apart and convert it to its original configuration before Friday. GPS has responded to my initial warranty request already. Now we wait for their warranty team to decide. Think it is in the same location as the first one. I think it is heat and not pressure causing the failure. If they will not do warranty, I'll take it to our best local Hydraulics shop (Clarks Industry) for repair.

Green Tool Sports equipment Musical instrument accessory Plant
Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring

#31 ·
Any news yet Matt? I just had my second failure on my SP. Clearly they are just using bad seals. Pressure was relieved and tractor was off. It was hard to get off so I locked it back on and tried again. Ruined my day (which wasn't going that great anyway). This was a worse failure as the seal has stuck the connector and causing it to leak.

I 100% need my forks to lift two Generators on Friday and now I am screwed. I will not even have time to take everything apart and convert it to its original configuration before Friday. GPS has responded to my initial warranty request already. Now we wait for their warranty team to decide. Think it in the same location as the first one. I think it is heat no pressure causing the failure. If they will not do warranty, I'll take it to our best local Hydraulics shop (Clarks Industry) for repair.

View attachment 804394 View attachment 804396
That sucks. Deere really needs to step up and make those seals available.

#33 ·
@chex313 NO WAY!
That is exactly how mine looked! Except mine was on Black.

I don't have an update that you're looking for, but the seal company does have my package and in que with the R&D group.

As a suggestion to keep you going, Grab your Yellow hydraulic line you removed to install the kit because it has a male coupler, and unfasten the yellow hose at the hard line on the loader, and route the individual hose down to the quick disconnect by the pedals. This could bypass the Single point at least until we find a solution? I see in the 2nd photo you're doing something with disconnects but I can't understand what.

When I had my leak, I kept my Loader valve locked, but had my loader set aside until my coupler kit came in.

I will for sure keep you posted as soon as I know.

#34 · (Edited)
@chex313 NO WAY!
That is exactly how mine looked! Except mine was on Black.

I don't have an update that you're looking for, but the seal company does have my package and in que with the R&D group.

As a suggestion to keep you going, Grab your Yellow hydraulic line you removed to install the kit because it has a male coupler, and unfasten the yellow hose at the hard line on the loader, and route the individual hose down to the quick disconnect by the pedals. This could bypass the Single point at least until we find a solution? I see in the 2nd photo you're doing something with disconnects but I can't understand what.

When I had my leak, I kept my Loader valve locked, but had my loader set aside until my coupler kit came in.

I will for sure keep you posted as soon as I know.
That is a good idea, 🍺 (y)I do have a complicated setup. That valve allows me to switch to MMM lift and there is a Diverter plumbed in the SP. Yet I hadn't thought to keep using the SP and just remove the Yellow line. That will be easier than swapping everything to get me through at least the weekend. That shouldn't take more than an hour. Good call.🍻

Also I do not need the yellow line to get the loader back on thankfully.

#35 ·
@chex313 Awesome! We can't leave ya hanging..... Friday is going to be an expensive day from the sounds of it. ha!

For anyone coming across this thread in the future, keeping your previously used hydraulic lines are not a bad idea to keep handy for anyone else that may run into this issue.
Just keep the hoses clean by capping or taping off the ends :D

#36 ·
Hmm, I see the problem as a design flaw! The poppet in the center should NEVER go below the seal! That allows pressure to get behind the seal and pop it out of the groove... as seen in pics! Replacing the seal(s) only means it will happen again sometime in the future. Bob

#38 · (Edited)
Went out last night to check on the hose I needed to replace..(I do not have them memorized LOL) The one that needs replacement needs a male quick connect and the other needs an elbow with the bigger end that fits on the lines to the loader (Except it goes to the Diverter) . First hose hose I picked up had the male end on it and the elbow at the other end. Unfortunately it has a small end on it. So it looks like I'll still need a run to the Hydro store for an adapter. I'll take two hose's along and let them figure out how to adapt it. I have lots of leftover parts from combining SP and Diverter...but none of them ever fit what I need.

I'll look again for another hose before I go.
EDIT: Found one, It doesn't have an elbow , but once the loader is on it should work.

#39 ·
Went out last night to check on the hose I needed to replace..(I do not have them memorized LOL) The one that needs replacement needs a male quick connect and the other needs an elbow with the bigger end that fits on the lines to the loader (Except it goes to the Diverter) . First hose hose I picked up had the male end on it and the elbow at the other end. Unfortunately it has a small end on it. So it looks like I'll still need a run to the Hydro store for an adapter. I'll take two hose's along and let them figure out how to adapt it. I have lots of leftover parts from combining SP and Diverter...but none of them ever fit what I need.

I'll look again for another hose before I go.
EDIT: Found one, It doesn't have an elbow , but once the loader is on it should work.
If you don't have it - I might and I'm close. DM me if you're looking for something specific (or "close enough" to make it work.)

#42 ·
🖐 120R Loader failure here too

Reactions: chex313
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.