Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this on their 1025R 120R?

I have it on my 5085M on both the H260 loader (6 lines) and my Frontier grapple attached to the H260 (2 lines).

Makes taking the grapple on and off so much easier. I generally don't remove the loader from the large tractor (but I do remove the bucket/grapple/forks when cutting large areas), but when I do, it makes it real quick and easy. It was included as part of the package with the H260 as I recall, but on the 120R its a pretty expensive $750 (list) option.

Was curious if anyone got it on their 1025R and what your thoughts are?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just traded my X495 in on a 1025R with MMM and 120R loader. I’ll be taking the loader on and off a lot since this will be my main lawnmower. I got my JD dealer to throw it in on the deal if I installed it. Install was fairly straight forward and it works great! It’s mounted on the new bracket just inside of the loader bracket. (I’m installing the OEM 3rd function and power beyond right now which is why the tractor is torn apart.)

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,985 Posts
I just traded my X495 in on a 1025R with MMM and 120R loader. I’ll be taking the loader on and off a lot since this will be my main lawnmower. I got my JD dealer to throw it in on the deal if I installed it. Install was fairly straight forward and it works great! It’s mounted on the new bracket just inside of the loader bracket. (I’m installing the OEM 3rd function and power beyond right now which is why the tractor is torn apart.)

View attachment 781145
Not a very enticing photo for a single point connector! 😁

There are many here that have it on their 1R that love it. I can't justify the cost personally, it is on my would be nice to have list.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
There are many here that have it on their 1R that love it. I can't justify the cost personally, it is on my would be nice to have list.
I'm with you Matt. It would make things easier but with the 3rd function SCV I'd still have 2 additional lines to remove/replace each time. I've looked at the 6-port MultiFaster from Faster Couplings (who makes the Deere unit I'm told) but that's even more expensive and a lot larger than the JD.

We'll see how things go once mowing season starts and I want to remove the loader... might just end up going for it sooner rather than later...

·
Registered
61 Posts

It’s torn apart for the 3rd function and PB install. I only took the right side engine panel off (and the loader) for the single point install.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm with you Matt. It would make things easier but with the 3rd function SCV I'd still have 2 additional lines to remove/replace each time. I've looked at the 6-port MultiFaster from Faster Couplings (who makes the Deere unit I'm told) but that's even more expensive and a lot larger than the JD.

We'll see how things go once mowing season starts and I want to remove the loader... might just end up going for it sooner rather than later...
What model of Faster were you looking at and what price were you quoted?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead and added it to my order. Faster is also who makes them for my 5 series. The 6-way one looks big even on the 5 series:

That shut off valve is for the boom. Nice safety feature if you need to work on the front of the engine with the loader raised.

The 2-way one on the loader is pretty small in comparison:

I love it.

I still have to manually do my 3 rear SCV's when switching between my stump grinder and 3 way hydraulic blade and of course implements that don't need SCV's at all.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
My dealer inquired for me so I don't have the exact model #'s but i believe they said it would run about $900 for the hardware and necessary hoses. And that didn't include any type of mount either.

I didn't pursue it after the sticker shock and hearing how big it would be (see crazydane's photo).

I suppose I could look into a 2 port version to compliment the Deere unit.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts

I probably take my FEL on and off maybe 6 times a year. In fact, I am taking off the snow plow and front Quik Tach today and putting the FEL back on and it likely to remain on the tractor until the snow plow is put back on in November. But I also don't mow with a MMM with my 1 series, which makes a very big difference........Most of the uses I have for my 1 series require the FEL as ballast to offset the rear 3ph implements.

For someone taking the 120R off and on regularly, the single point sure would add ease, etc.

I found adding the 12" long hose extensions due to the Mauser cab makes the entire process so much easier to remove or install either the 120R or the front Quik Tach. With the cab on the tractor, the cab hangs over the front of the operator platform floor and makes connecting the standard length hydraulic lines to the connector challenging at best. The hose extensions permit the connection to be made on top of the large FEL frame support, which is easier.

Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts
For those who aren't installing the single point connector, having the Waite Tool sure makes the connection processes easier. Well worth the expense and something handy to carry in your KBOH chain boxes...

Reactions: Firemark

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
My dealer inquired for me so I don't have the exact model #'s but i believe they said it would run about $900 for the hardware and necessary hoses. And that didn't include any type of mount either.

I didn't pursue it after the sticker shock and hearing how big it would be (see crazydane's photo).

I suppose I could look into a 2 port version to compliment the Deere unit.
I also wondered which model you were looking at. The large one on the JD 5085M pictured has 08 (1/2") sized ports. I am thinking you would only need the one with 06 (3/8") ports. Model P5066
I am guessing the dealer priced the larger one, since JD supplies it on the bigger machines. P606
The large one does not look to big on a 6 series tractor (I know huge compared to 1 series). Pictures on tractors are first on a JD 203, second on JD 6415. I agree these 3 function would be huge on a 1 series with 1/2" fittings.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle
Green Motor vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Agricultural machinery
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Green Hood
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
I went ahead and added it to my order. Faster is also who makes them for my 5 series. The 6-way one looks big even on the 5 series:

View attachment 781163

That shut off valve is for the boom. Nice safety feature if you need to work on the front of the engine with the loader raised.
Is that actually what they intend the shut off valve to be used for? If so, that's still pretty dangerous as if a boom hose breaks it's coming crashing down with or without the valve. Normally the safety mechanism for a boom is a mechanical support bracket like you see on a backhoe or skid steer. Some folks use a piece of angle iron and secure it with zip ties. You see this a lot with raised booms at trade shows.

Reactions: JDeere655

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is that actually what they intend the shut off valve to be used for? If so, that's still pretty dangerous as if a boom hose breaks it's coming crashing down with or without the valve. Normally the safety mechanism for a boom is a mechanical support bracket like you see on a backhoe or skid steer. Some folks use a piece of angle iron and secure it with zip ties. You see this a lot with raised booms at trade shows.

View attachment 781183
Does anyone use anything similar for storage to prevent leak down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

View attachment 781183
Good point. I just assumed that's what the valve is for. I can certainly see using a mechanical bracket at tradeshows where people are playing around with the controls!

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts

View attachment 781183
When I first saw the the ball valve on the lift hose (on new John Deere tractors at the Fair) I could not believe they got them past the lawyers. Reverse shutoff of the PTO on my L&G tractor comes to mind. Thanks Lawyers (n):mad::mad:o_O:poop:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I looked into the Faster P5066 6 port connector before I went with the Deere. I have the 3rd function now, but it won’t be used all the time. I’ll probably leave 3rd function lines unhooked until I would need it to speed up the FEL on/off time when I’m using the MMM.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
I’ll probably leave 3rd function lines unhooked until I would need it to speed up the FEL on/off time when I’m using the MMM.
I've been giving this option I lot of thought myself. Maybe there is a single-point in my future... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
454 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts