Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Administrator
17,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTT members, supporters, and most importantly friends:

Brian and I, as the owners of this forum have watched it grow at an incredible pace over the last three plus years. We’ve put of hearts and souls into this forum, and quite often our money as well to make this best tractor forum on the net, one that truly is dedicated to helping people and making the members feel at home and unafraid to post even the most basic of questions. We think we have done pretty darn well and are very proud of our site and its members!

This forum has given both of us some very proud moments. We have found ourselves celebrating over what some people may look at as a small accomplishment, but too us, we were thrilled with every hill we were able to climb. With those celebrations also came times of stress. We always wanted to have our forum online and without errors. We held our self to the standards that at some times were unattainable as we wanted to be everything we could for our members. Because of this ever expanding growth, the day-to-day operations have become more than we can handle by ourselves, the time it takes to run a GREAT forum like ours behind the scenes is tremendous, and with young families and full time careers we are often tasked to the limits.

So, after many long discussions, we have decided that finding a small company with the same goals that we have who can dedicate the proper time and resources to continue to grow the forum would be in the best interest of the future of GTT. It was important that this company be involved in agriculture and understand the members we have. We also needed to know that they would run the forum with the members best interest in mind. We selected a company that is dedicated to making very few changes, and has the forums best interest in mind. They see all the good things we have done and want to continue forward in that direction. Rest assured that we have researched and vetted this company extensively as we feel GTT is a part of us, and we want to see it continue to be a welcoming place for all.

Brian and I are NOT going anywhere; we are still a part of the forum and will continue to be contributing active administrators. It is our intention that this change goes unnoticed by all the members of GTT.

At this time I’d like to introduce Lee and Kevin of Congregate Media, their usernames are LeeD and Texkev , they open to any questions and/or suggestions you may have. Please welcome them to the GTT family.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hello GTT community!

My name is Lee and I am one of two partners in the new ownership of this super community. Along side me will be a dear friend of mine, Kevin. Kevin will handle much of the day-to-day items, but we will both be around. I am thrilled to take the reigns of a community that is not only a great resource, but a great bunch of people. Both Brian and Kenny will be sticking around and continuing to be a part. We very much look forward to the community's bright future!

I am 34 years old, married (for 16 years), with two daughters. I hope to fit in along side of each of you and enjoy the community for what it is...a great place for folks to talk John Deere!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hello Hello...

Hello all

My name is Kevin W, I work with my beyond good friend Lee. I live near Denton TX, 40 years old and no kids - I have lived in Texas my whole life. Very happy to be a part of the group here. We have heard what an amazing community it is, and can certainly see that for ourselves.

My wife is from Cedar Falls Iowa. Her Grandfather retired from John Deere and loved that company, I mean loved it. Other members of her family back in the day used to work there as well. 2 still regret to this day leaving it and coming to Texas.

I stay at home and care for my disabled wife, so I am usually online if there are any issues reported, etc.

If anyone has any needs or questions, please never hesitate to ask or PM me. I just want to be a help here if I can.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,603 Posts
Texas!..................there went the neighborhood.:lol::lol:

·
Administrator
20,459 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hello GTT community!

My name is Lee and I am one of two partners in the new ownership of this super community. Along side me will be a dear friend of mine, Kevin. Kevin will handle much of the day-to-day items, but we will both be around. I am thrilled to take the reigns of a community that is not only a great resource, but a great bunch of people. Both Brian and Kenny will be sticking around and continuing to be a part. We very much look forward to the community's bright future!

I am 34 years old, married (for 16 years), with two daughters. I hope to fit in along side of each of you and enjoy the community for what it is...a great place for folks to talk John Deere!
But..........................do you own any Deere's? Is so which one/ones?:spy:

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Welcome, Lee & Kevin. Glad to have you here and aboard. This is a friendly bunch and we all try and be of help to each other. Again, welcome.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Not a Deere owner....yet! Right now we live in a home that resides on less than a 1/4 acre, but is perfect for housing my family of 4 in addition to my wife's grandparents who we care for. Maybe one day there will be an opportunity for some land and some Deere equipment!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,603 Posts
I hope the new guys know about the picture rule! Do owners of the forum need to own/post pictures of their tractor?

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Not a Deere owner....yet! Right now we live in a home that resides on less than a 1/4 acre, but is perfect for housing my family of 4 in addition to my wife's grandparents who we care for. Maybe one day there will be an opportunity for some land and some Deere equipment!
1/4 acre - time for a vintage John Deere garden tractor. You don't need a large space to operate nor a large garage or shop to store it in. But, be forewarn, once you get one green and yellow thingy, you'll want more. Many have succumbed to "Green Fever".

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
1/4 acre - time for a vintage John Deere garden tractor. You don't need a large space to operate nor a large garage or shop to store it in. But, be forewarn, once you get one green and yellow thingy, you'll want more. Many have succumbed to "Green Fever".
When I said less than a 1/4 acre, I mean 55' x 100' and our house footprint is something like 45' x 60' with the porch and all. :) Our yard is tiiiiiiiiiiny (almost non-existent)!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
When I said less than a 1/4 acre, I mean 55' x 100' and our house footprint is something like 45' x 60' with the porch and all. :) Our yard is tiiiiiiiiiiny (almost non-existent)!
But what kind of internet connection do you have? That can make all of the difference in the world.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,603 Posts
I'm here to help!
TBEK35813.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
With my wife's disability we left the country in January this year. We lived an hour south of Dallas. We used to own a John Deere GX335 Garden Tractor. Also since we lived with the same entrances to our properties with our cousins, we co-owned a John Deere 1050 I think. My cousin really only used it, he retired and took care of the property. We lived on rough land and killed that poor lawn tractor.

We hope to have more space one day, right now this is best to be near things. Here are some pics, we lived next to a large hill, that shale type rock, it was everywhere. Always replace mower blades.

fall1.jpg
Flood.JPG
home 2.JPG

1 - 20 of 97 Posts