Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 1025R that I use in very rough terrain. So far I haven't hit anything to do damage, but I would like to prevent damage. I have been looking for a skid plate for the underside of my 1025R. A company called Bro-Tech makes a set of skid plates for a 1026R. I believe a 1026R is no longer made, but that it has the same frame as the 1025R. I contacted the Bro-Tech, but they were unable to tell me if their skid plates would fit a 1025R as well as the 1026R. Has anyone purchased the skid plates from Bro-Tech and has anyone tried them on a 1025R? Any thoughts regarding the skid plates would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Me as well.
Contacted Richard at Bro Tek to see if any skidplates were planned for the 1025R around mid May
His response
"I wish.. it will b 2-3 months at best.."

Sounds encouraging but would not count on it . .

Asked whether the 1026 model works on the 1025R he stated the only JD model they make is for the 2305 which is not what the website states;
not sure what's up with that response :unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Member Martincom posted this in another thread:

"Bro-tek has had the 1026R skid plate listed for a number of years on his web page, but not available to order. When I spoke with him a year or so ago, he indicated his web designer was a bit over ambitious. Also, the local dealership changed hands and the new owners were no longer willing to loan him tractors to develop prototypes from."

Thread source, post #6: 1025r broke steering hydraulic line

·
Registered
280 Posts
I gave up looking for a skid plate and have designed my own. I'll post photos when I have it installed.
How about some photos & dimensions BEFORE you have it installed?

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Has anybody talked to KENNYD ? He has developed several accessories for our tractors that are very useful . May be worth a conversation . :greentractorride:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prototype of Skid Plate

I finally got the steel plate back from the metal shop. The rear piece fit well, but the front piece needed a lot of modifications and I added a middle plate so everything underneath is protected. The only drawback I see so far is that it reduces the clearance by about 1.5" top 2" across the rear part of the tractor and I will need to add an access hole or two for greasing, although it is only 8 bolts to remove the plates for access to the grease fittings. With the skid plates, you cannot use the mid deck mover, but with the mid deck mower, you probably don't need a skid plate.

I still need to test the skid plate in some brush and rugged terrain to see how it performs (although I will not purposely hit things) I want to see if it will keep the brush from grabbing everything underneath the tractor.

I still need to modify my plans which I will share with anyone interested. (it may take me a month or so, so don't expect too soon) Here are a few photos of the skid plates installed. Overall cost so far is about $120 and three days of work.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,117 Posts
Great job so far!

I do know someone that my be interested in the plans :good2:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I finally got the steel plate back from the metal shop. The rear piece fit well, but the front piece needed a lot of modifications and I added a middle plate so everything underneath is protected. The only drawback I see so far is that it reduces the clearance by about 1.5" top 2" across the rear part of the tractor and I will need to add an access hole or two for greasing, although it is only 8 bolts to remove the plates for access to the grease fittings. With the skid plates, you cannot use the mid deck mover, but with the mid deck mower, you probably don't need a skid plate.

I still need to test the skid plate in some brush and rugged terrain to see how it performs (although I will not purposely hit things) I want to see if it will keep the brush from grabbing everything underneath the tractor.

I still need to modify my plans which I will share with anyone interested. (it may take me a month or so, so don't expect too soon) Here are a few photos of the skid plates installed. Overall cost so far is about $120 and three days of work.
You don't use your tractor for mowing, do you? :)

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Great job so far!

I do know someone that my be interested in the plans :good2:
Looks like we might get a new offering from Kenny . We'll be watching .......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Count me in if Kenny decides make skid plates. I could use some around my property.

Great job 1Engineer :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,117 Posts
Looks like we might get a new offering from Kenny . We'll be watching .......
Count me in if Kenny decides make skid plates. I could use some around my property.

Great job 1Engineer :thumbup1gif:
Just to clarify...it isn't me that would be interested since it won't fit in a flat rate box :laugh:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a need for skid plares. I have sheered off the grease zert on the power steering 1 time and I am in a rocky area and Have come close to damaging this one too. Or I have and don't know because I havent been under there for months. JD could have done a better job with line and grease zert locations or made them non greasable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just got a new to me 1025R. I have in the past designed and sold parts for aftermarket applications. I am glad to see that others are thinking about the skid plates. If I were to design a fabricated kit and resell it would anyone be interested?? I see there is another user that designed a kit and don't want to step on his toes. I have done this type of thing several times and have the manufacturing partners already lined up and now that I have a tractor it would be easy to do R&D!

Tim
2013 1025R
H120 Loader
54" Snow Blower
60D AutoConnect
Backhoe
King Cutter Tiller
Rear Blade
Quick Hitch 3 point

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man I would love a skid plate

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Prototype of Skid Plate

nice clean work (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts