Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out looking for a JD HD bucket when I bought my 4052r with H180msl fel. In my opinion the HD bucket wouldn't last long for farm use over time. So I opped to convert a skidsteer 72" low profile dirt bucket to fit my fel. I fabricated all the caponets for this project except the chain hooks I had laying around the farm! I like Ken's hooks design! Will be buying some for next project. I built this bucket conversion 2 years ago. I bought this bucket at a auction. I thought I would share this project I did if someone else is looking for a heavier bucket. Will be trading the 4052r for a 4066r at end of the month, Different thread with pics.Will keep the bucket for it! I have the bolt on rock teeth for this bucket also. Any other mod suggestions​ for this farm use bucket?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Order the SSQA brackets with the H180 loader with the new tractor, unless you are keeping the current H180 loader. You will be glad you did. I have the 72 inch skid steer bucket and it is extra heavy duty. As best I can estimate, it weighs around 750#. I plan to weigh it, but just have not got around to it. You can also get the SSQA brackets for the current loader if you keep it. My brackets came off a 400X loader that was on a 4720.

Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Order the SSQA brackets with the H180 loader with the new tractor, unless you are keeping the current H180 loader. You will be glad you did. I have the 72 inch skid steer bucket and it is extra heavy duty. As best I can estimate, it weighs around 750#. I plan to weigh it, but just have not got around to it. You can also get the SSQA brackets for the current loader if you keep it. My brackets came off a 400X loader that was on a 4720.

Dave
I'm getting the same fel on the new tractor. All my fel attachments​ are jd. Thinking next time I get to a tractor/skidsteer salvage yard going to pick up the brackets needed and fabricate them to fit my fel! So if buy skidsteer attachments down the road, I can use them right away!

Reactions: ky_shawn
1 - 3 of 3 Posts