Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have some old sleeve hitch attachments from my garden tractor days. Still have a garden tractor with a sleeve hitch to use them if I wanted to, but with a bad right shoulder, I have problem lifting it. Just wondering if anyone has used sleeve hitch equipment on something the size of the 1025R.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,283 Posts
Haven't myself but if I remember right Heavy Hitch has an adapter so it can be used on a 3PH.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I got the heavy hitch sleeve adapter in mail earlier this week. What got me thinking about the attachments is I have a pull behind sweeper that I want to adapt to be able to lift. I have the c shaped part that bolts on to the implement that attaches to sleeve hitch. That's why I ordered sleeve adapter from Greg at heavy hitch. Hope that makes sense. I'm thinking though if I don't brace the sweeper some way, when I lift it full of leaves, it's going to just bend that tubing in half on the sweeper. Most of the sleeve hitch implements are not easy to get to and before I started digging them out, I was going to see if anyone on here had already used any and how they liked them.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually I got the heavy hitch sleeve adapter in mail earlier this week. What got me thinking about the attachments is I have a pull behind sweeper that I want to adapt to be able to lift. I have the c shaped part that bolts on to the implement that attaches to sleeve hitch. That's why I ordered sleeve adapter from Greg at heavy hitch. Hope that makes sense. I'm thinking though if I don't brace the sweeper some way, when I lift it full of leaves, it's going to just bend that tubing in half on the sweeper. Most of the sleeve hitch implements are not easy to get to and before I started digging them out, I was going to see if anyone on here had already used any and how they liked them.
I'm afraid that will not work with a lawn sweeper. That uses a pin style hitch and is not designed to be lifted. A sleeve hitch implement will have a "C" connection point that should have an opening in height of at least 3.25" and should be about 2.5-3" wide and made of heavier steel. The design allows the set screws in our adapter to push against the "C" and stabilize the implement from swinging side to side. A lawn sweeper is meant to be pulled and not lifted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Greg. In the back of my mind I knew it probably wouldn't be an easy way. I better forget that idea. You probably just kept me from tearing up that sweeper. Just can't let my wife see this, she had already told me more than once that it wouldn't work.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,283 Posts
Thanks Greg. In the back of my mind I knew it probably wouldn't be an easy way. I better forget that idea. You probably just kept me from tearing up that sweeper. Just can't let my wife see this, she had already told me more than once that it wouldn't work.
Hate when that happens. And it does all to often. :lolol:

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres what I've dug out so far. Heavy Hitch tool bar, Brinly bottom plow, and carrier rack I shortened for the garden tractor. Most of this stuff I used with garden tractor long ago. Don't know yet how much, if any, I will use with 1025. But I'm going to check it all out.

IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0414-1.JPG

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 9 of 9 Posts