Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Slime in my 1025R tires about 2-3 years ago. Has worked fantastic until a few months ago. It's been horribly cold and I noticed a screw in one of the tires. I need to plug that up, but haven't had any major issues with that tire pressure. The other tire doesn't seem to be able to hold pressure lately. That tire seems to be delaminating. Noticed last night that it was out of round as I brought the trash back. I may have operated it too many times when it was low. With the Slime in there I have never worried about tire pressure. I'll post again on this one.

All of them most likely have Honey Locust thorns in them. And lately they seem to loose their charge.

Anyone know if I can just add more Slime or do I need to remove the tires, clean them out, then replace and add more?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I put Slime in my 1025R tires about 2-3 years ago. Has worked fantastic until a few months ago. It's been horribly cold and I noticed a screw in one of the tires. I need to plug that up, but haven't had any major issues with that tire pressure. The other tire doesn't seem to be able to hold pressure lately. That tire seems to be delaminating. Noticed last night that it was out of round as I brought the trash back. I may have operated it too many times when it was low. With the Slime in there I have never worried about tire pressure. I'll post again on this one.

All of them most likely have Honey Locust thorns in them. And lately they seem to loose their charge.

Anyone know if I can just add more Slime or do I need to remove the tires, clean them out, then replace and add more?
Air the tires up and drive around very slow for awhile. See what happens and go from there.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Air the tires up and drive around very slow for awhile. See what happens and go from there.
Good ol' locus. Them and the Hedge Apple trees are the worse on tires. You could also get them foam filled, that will stop all it. Other than that if your tires tread are bad it's most likely time to replace them anyhow.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the way I operate every day. I think the slime has hardened and does not flow anymore.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's the way I operate every day. I think the slime has hardened and does not flow anymore.
Might be the cold. I have had slime in some tires for about 8 years. Once in awhile a tire goes down if not rolled for a long time. I air them back up and go. I have had all 4 tires go flat (without slime) mowing in areas where Honey Locust trees are. Gotta have slime for sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have not used this product but from the videos I seen of it being used looks to be a better product than SLIME...

Tire Ject

https://www.tireject.co/

Reactions: mjncad and ddinham
1 - 7 of 7 Posts