Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving my 2025R (Gen2 2019) in either low or high, it will occationally slip into neutral for no reason. (without me touching the shift lever) Sometime this will happen when going over bumps and sometimes it will happen when driving on smooth ground.

Any idea what is causing this issue and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,100 Posts
Is this a 1st Generation 2025R (2013 - 2016)? Or a 2nd Generation (2017 - Current)?

·
Premium Member
17,413 Posts
Did you just change from H to L or L to. H range,,, if so normal ,,,at least on my 1025

Usually my fault, I didn't get the lever completely in either H or L Range

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you just change from H to L or L to. H range,,, if so normal ,,,at least on my 1025

Usually my fault, I didn't get the lever completely in either H or L Range
No, I have made the same mistake you are referencing many times. I will put it in Low/High and will have been driving it for 2-3 minutes when it will suddenly shifts into neutral.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
My 3039R tends to slip out of low occasionally.
I gave a slight adjustment to the linkage and it helped.
I plan to adjust further in increments until problem disappears.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 3039R tends to slip out of low occasionally.
I gave a slight adjustment to the linkage and it helped.
I plan to adjust further in increments until problem disappears.
I know very little about tractors. What do you mean when you say "slight adjustment to the linkage?". This seems to be the exact problem I am having.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
I know very little about tractors. What do you mean when you say "slight adjustment to the linkage?". This seems to be the exact problem I am having.
There is linkage connecting the lever to the transmission. This linkage has adjustment to it.
I am going in small increments, as overadjustment in my scenario would simply move my problem from the low range to the high range, and I certainly don't want it "popping out" at highway speed.

·
Administrator
20,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
The gears are straight cut and don't always mesh well, just tap the FWD or REV pedal slightly to move them and the lever will move easily.
Kenny, at that point I think the conversation had slightly veered off topic.

·
Administrator
20,489 Posts

·
Registered
2032R, 220R loader, 60"MMM,270B backhoe
29 Posts
The gears are straight cut and don't always mesh well, just tap the FWD or REV pedal slightly to move them and the lever will move easily.
Ok thanks I will try that. . . .. . Sorry guys for getting off topic😐my bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts