Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, newbe here. I've had three Deere's in my life and had very good luck with them. My newest is a 08 La164 with 55hrs. It's been great except for the steering, it's a little sloppy when driving straight. There's nothing bent or broken but is there a way to tighten up things up a bit. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
Welcome to DT Wayne...Are your sure of the model number? I can't find a LA164? If you meant LA165 then I posted the parts diagram below-there are plenty of places slop can be introduced-sounds like you need to get dirty:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: sloppy steering

Yes it's a 165! Plate #21 seems to be pretty sloppy to me. Is there anyway to tighten it up?

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
Is it sloppy at the gear or where the shaft (#15) connects to it? No personal experience here, I am just trying to help the best I can...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, it's sloppy at that plate #21 with teeth that meshes with the little gear #20 on the end of the steering shaft.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I would probably start with bushings #24 & #14. It's a tough call to make without seeing the machine. There are a lot of places for wear in that system.:unknown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts