Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if there is thread on this already, I looked and couldn't find the answers I was needing. I have a 2019 JD 3025e. When I purchased the tractor, the hydraulics were super responsive, to the point it was almost annoying when you would curl the bucked back it would slam. I currently have right at 80 hours on it. The only issue up until this point was bad loader cylinders that were all replaced under warranty near the 20 hour mark. I service and maintain it by the book because this machine helps puts food on the table for my family. Recently, I noticed that the bucket was slower than it use to be. I thought that I had just figured out how to feather the controls to have a more smooth operations. Yesterday we got 8 inches of snow in about 2 hours (which is a lot for us here.) I got the tractor out and started clearing the roads in my neighborhood. When I would go to dump a bucket full, it was taking forever to dump and curl as well as raise and lower. I first thought this was due to the temperature which was in the high 20's. But after going for over an hour, the hydraulic lines were warm to the touch and the loader was just as slow. No where in my manual does it mention a 50 hours service on the hydraulics. I just sat down and read them again. Some places online mention changing the hydraulic filters at 50 hours. The hydraulic fluid is where it is suppose to be and of normal color. Is this something that a clogged hydraulic filter could cause? Or does anyone else know of possible causes that I could look into. Does anyone else hydraulic lines get warm when working the loader a lot? I am about to install at 3rd function kit for a grapple and was thinking of changing the hydraulic fluid and filters when I do it if it will help. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
21,621 Posts
It certainly could be a clogged filter. I know JD no longer recommends the 50 hour hydro service like they used to, but many uses still do them to get the initial crap out of the system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My situation is similiar to yours in that I use my tractor for my business. I bought a blue tagged 2018 3032e with backhoe and grapple in December and i have about 80 hours. My hydraulics seem to work okay but not quite as good as when it had 10 hours. I don't think it is a bad on mine as you have described though. It is more noticable on the backhoe. I haven't changed the hydraulic fluid or filter but have followed the manual to the t. I have been thinking about going ahead and doing the 200 hour service.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am curious, what was wrong with the loader cylinders?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hot hydraulics in the wintertime...hmmm. Seems like there is an unhappy hydraulic pump/some blockage. I too want to know what went wrong with the loader cylinders. Any update on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed the loader cylinders had an issue the first day I got it. The loader would leak down and dump in matter of just a few minutes. The cylinders were defective from the factor. They tried rebuilding them but still had the issue. Was something to do with the machined surfaces on the inside had defects letting the oil pass by the seals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hot hydraulics in the wintertime...hmmm. Seems like there is an unhappy hydraulic pump/some blockage. I too want to know what went wrong with the loader cylinders. Any update on this?
Kinda what I was thinking too. Every thing is pointing towards the filters. Guess I’m going to give it a full service early and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There are two filters in the hydraulic system at least on the 2017 3025E. A big and a small one. Get both and about 5 gallons of fluid. I really recommend the service because my tractor was not full from the factory. If you had your cylinders replaced and the dealer didn't replace the fluid then you are short that much more. Does your hydro really whine even after it is warm? If you are annoyed at how fast the loader hydraulics respond then turn down the engine RPM's and that will slow things down. I am used mine but I have over 200 hours on mine now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are two filters in the hydraulic system at least on the 2017 3025E. A big and a small one. Get both and about 5 gallons of fluid. I really recommend the service because my tractor was not full from the factory. If you had your cylinders replaced and the dealer didn't replace the fluid then you are short that much more. Does your hydro really whine even after it is warm? If you are annoyed at how fast the loader hydraulics respond then turn down the engine RPM's and that will slow things down. I am used mine but I have over 200 hours on mine now.
It would slam even at idle speed. I had gotten use to it. All the fluids get checked everyday and the hydro fluid is clean and normal looking. That was my first thought was it was low. They hydro doesn’t seem to whine anymore than it always has. I think I’m going to do the filters and fluid when I put on the 3rd function when the tax refund hits. Praying that fixes it. I don’t want the machine in the shop when my work season is about to really start up.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Sounds like something isn't right if the hydraulics are that sensitive at idle. Changing fluid and filters is the easiest but sounds like you might have a trip to the dealer in your near future. I would check all the hydraulic lines on the tractor, particularly the ones underneath and see if anything was pinched or kinked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts