Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working on some changes to the layout of the forum and to a few of the vendor banner ad placements. Kenny and I have some ideas we would like to work to implement, but it is going to take some time. Please work with us during this time while we get everything set up properly.

·
Registered
714 Posts
We dont deal well with change. :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Are the ads underneath the first post of each thread going to stay?

Don't particularly care for those, but that's just me.
They will stay that way for a little while, we are working on making it better. I am not a fan of it either I can assure you, but in the interim it's the best we can do.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
We dont deal well with change. :laugh:
Yip, we get tired of rolling those darn pennies, nickels, and dimes.

Lets just stick with crisp paper bills.:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to thank everyone for the support and criticism during this change. We are trying not to keep changing things around, but we have been, and still are planning on how to get this right.

Thanks for your support and understanding. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are some of these changes the reason I go to the first post and first page of a thread even if I have previously looked at the last 3 pages and not go the the newest post in the thread? I now have to click on a link on the upper middle right that says "view first unread" or something like that after I am in the thread. ( I am not referencing the left "new post" link.) I could not find a setting in "settings" that affected this feature.

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
Are some of these changes the reason I go to the first post and first page of a thread even if I have previously looked at the last 3 pages and not go the the newest post in the thread? I now have to click on a link on the upper middle right that says "view first unread" or something like that after I am in the thread. ( I am not referencing the left "new post" link.) I could not find a setting in "settings" that affected this feature.
When you click on the "You have X Unread posts" in the upper right hand corner (circled in blue in the pic) it will take you to the screen of your unread posts. If you click on the emblem circled in red, that takes you to the last post in the thread. I'm not aware of a button/option that takes you to your first unread post in a thread.

The new advertising banner locations should have no effect on how you view threads or how you can navigate the forum.:good2:

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
When you click on the "You have X Unread posts" in the upper right hand corner (circled in blue in the pic) it will take you to the screen of your unread posts. If you click on the emblem circled in red, that takes you to the last post in the thread. I'm not aware of a button/option that takes you to your first unread post in a thread.

The new advertising banner locations should have no effect on how you view threads or how you can navigate the forum.:good2:

View attachment 15192

Hope that helps.
Jason:

View first unread is in the center or the page just above the thread. I think the letters are in green. It saves a lot of time for someone who reads all the posts.

I don't care about having the advertising. If it weren't for advertising we would have no TV or newspapers. Wait a minute - that doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, I am willing to deal with the ads to stay in touch with GTT.

Don

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Really dont bother me. I got used to it and really dont even notice it.

Just a thought, but can there be something set to where "site supporters" can opt out of them showing up? :unknown: Like I said, just a thought.. Ill go back and sit in my corner now.... :hide:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really dont bother me. I got used to it and really dont even notice it.

Just a thought, but can there be something set to where "site supporters" can opt out of them showing up? :unknown: Like I said, just a thought.. Ill go back and sit in my corner now.... :hide:
We are working hard on this and in time, we will get this right... Thanks Newt. I have spent almost a full day on these ads working to respect the vendors and members. Without you guys, this site would not be possible. We are working to make you happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts