Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a small project and needed to develop a battery charging circuit for it. Decided to use Standard mower alternator and Rectifier for it.

Once received the rectifier(model JDR6304) I found that it has 2 inputs and (apparently) 4 outputs:
-Vcc
-Gnd
-Ign
-lights

Vcc and Gnd are pretty much self-explanatory, i guess they connect directly to the battery, but what are those ign and lights outputs doing?
Are they providing more stable power output?(using the scope I found that vcc-gnd outputs sign wave with about 1,5V amplitude, probably okay for battery but could be damaging for electronics?)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
:wgtt:

The easiest answer is simply get a one wire alternator,,
no guessing,, no extra wires,, just one wire,, and the alternator frame for ground,,, :bigthumb:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm working on a small project and needed to develop a battery charging circuit for it. Decided to use Standard mower alternator and Rectifier for it.

Once received the rectifier(model JDR6304) I found that it has 2 inputs and (apparently) 4 outputs:
-Vcc
-Gnd
-Ign
-lights

Vcc and Gnd are pretty much self-explanatory, i guess they connect directly to the battery, but what are those ign and lights outputs doing?
Are they providing more stable power output?(using the scope I found that vcc-gnd outputs sign wave with about 1,5V amplitude, probably okay for battery but could be damaging for electronics?)
Quick search and I could find no specs online, but what I would expect to see in addition to the battery connections are switched DC and an output for the fault light.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts