Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought any off brand tiller attachments, I have a 1025r and I’m looking for a small tiller, searched John Deere tillers but they are to pricy for me right now, are there any companies that make them cheaper? I’d really like to just find a used one, I’m located in mid/southern Illinois, anyone know of any facebook groups or somewhere that sells used equipment

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
There seems to be many "off" brands that folks are quite happy with.
The only on I have direct experience with is King Kutter. We had picked up a 54 inch XB tiller for around $1400 new maybe 4 years ago. Great implement and the 1025 ran it no problem, and at 54 inches it easily covered its own tracks.
From what I understand guys on here have had good luck with Tractor Supply units and I could also suggest checking the website for Everything Attachments.
I don't do social media but know Craigslist can be a decent local tool.
Tilling with the tractor is the bomb, way better than wrestling a walk behind, good luck, happy hunting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There seems to be many "off" brands that folks are quite happy with.
The only on I have direct experience with is King Kutter. We had picked up a 54 inch XB tiller for around $1400 new maybe 4 years ago. Great implement and the 1025 ran it no problem, and at 54 inches it easily covered its own tracks.
From what I understand guys on here have had good luck with Tractor Supply units and I could also suggest checking the website for Everything Attachments.
I don't do social media but know Craigslist can be a decent local tool.
Tilling with the tractor is the bomb, way better than wrestling a walk behind, good luck, happy hunting.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I’ve checked craigslist, not much on there, I’d like to find a used one for under $800 (if that’s even possible) I just bought the 2020 1025r with 60” deck and front loader so the wife won’t approve of another expensive attachment haha

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good luck finding a used tiller for under $800.00 that isn’t worn out and in need of repairs.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Try facebook marketplace. You might find someone looking to score some cash. Gwizz is correct though finding one for under $800 either means getting someone else's junk or possibly one too small for your tractor. If you have a quick hitch with your tractor make sure whatever you find is quick hitch compatible. Personally, I would budget about 1000-1200 for one. You may find one for sale as you roll into fall but more likely early next spring. Good luck with your search. You can always try Machinefinder.com and see what the JD dealers have on the lot that is used.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,599 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck finding a used tiller for under $800.00 that isn’t worn out and in need of repairs.
Yes that’s what I’ve been finding, a bunch of really old worn out machines, I figured there would be a company that made cheap implements kind of like those little cheap Chinese 4 wheelers, sure they aren’t heavy duty and don’t usually last long but something like that would be perfect for what I need it for, I’d like to buy a brand new one from Deere but can’t justify the money for it as for now I really only need it for a couple little jobs around the house, I don’t have a garden so it’s not like it would be used every year, plus my wife would hang me with a noose if I spend anymore money on this thing lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try facebook marketplace. You might find someone looking to score some cash. Gwizz is correct though finding one for under $800 either means getting someone else's junk or possibly one too small for your tractor. If you have a quick hitch with your tractor make sure whatever you find is quick hitch compatible. Personally, I would budget about 1000-1200 for one. You may find one for sale as you roll into fall but more likely early next spring. Good luck with your search. You can always try Machinefinder.com and see what the JD dealers have on the lot that is used.
I’ve been looking on Craigslist and market place, nothing yet in my area anyway, I don’t have the quick attach bracket on the back it’s just the 3 point, so will pretty much any 3 point tiller hook up to it? This is my first tractor, I replaced my zero turn with it, I have a ton of uses for the front loader, and I was very surprised on how well of a cut this thing has, I was really worried I would lose quality am far as mowing but this 1025 is amazing, once I set the guide wheels it cuts just as good as my old $13,000 hustler zero turn, and it doesn’t take any longer to cut my 3 acres, very satisfied with this machine

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve been looking on Craigslist and market place, nothing yet in my area anyway, I don’t have the quick attach bracket on the back it’s just the 3 point, so will pretty much any 3 point tiller hook up to it? This is my first tractor, I replaced my zero turn with it, I have a ton of uses for the front loader, and I was very surprised on how well of a cut this thing has, I was really worried I would lose quality am far as mowing but this 1025 is amazing, once I set the guide wheels it cuts just as good as my old $13,000 hustler zero turn, and it doesn’t take any longer to cut my 3 acres, very satisfied with this machine
I don’t know much about the 3 point set up, I have lots of experience with excavators, skidsteers, and machines like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts