Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
Could you clarify that please? In the thread title you say "hydraulic" but then you mention "shaft run" which would normally be PTO driven.

Which are you looking for?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If you talking new, then I think it's gonna be the x700's

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry for the confusion. I ment to say shaft in both. But my typing got ahead of my mind. The issue is he had a tractor with a belt driven snowblower and hated it. So he needs a more reliable connection. I believe the most cost effective will be a shaft but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
I am sorry for the confusion. I ment to say shaft in both. But my typing got ahead of my mind.
Got it for you. :good2::drinks:

For future reference, members can go in and edit/ change their own posts within a 24 hour window from the time of the original post.

·
Administrator
20,462 Posts
Got it for you. :good2::drinks:

For future reference, members can go in and edit/ change their own posts within a 24 hour window from the time of the original post.
But unfortunately a member can't edit the title to their thread. The software only permits a staff member to do this. Feel free to contact any one of us, we'll be glad to fix it. :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Going to have to be a Select Series X7xx. Heavy duty! You might also be able to find an older model with a shaft drive, but I'm not an expert on those models. I know a 420 & 430 would be, but they are getting up there in years.

·
Registered
583 Posts
By small, do you mean "cheap"? I don't think you'll find one without paying the price unless you find a used set up in a package deal.
If size is the issue, you could look into front mount zero turns. Their great for tight spaces and work well for blowing snow, but are very expensive.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Size and cost. I was not sure if the shaft option was available on the x300 or x500. I think a x700 is going to be way over the price range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
The current x300 and x500 series units use a belt drive system for their 44" and 47" snowblowers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts