Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I searched the forum last night to see if anyone had recommendation on an app for a smart phone to track maintenance and scheduling. The search turned up a bunch of Excel files but no smart phone apps. I have an iPhone so I'm mostly interested in apps for it but if anyone has android apps that they like I will look into seeing if they are available cross platform. I would love to find an app that I can track the tractor and also the vehicles in the family fleet.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi all,

I searched the forum last night to see if anyone had recommendation on an app for a smart phone to track maintenance and scheduling. The search turned up a bunch of Excel files but no smart phone apps. I have an iPhone so I'm mostly interested in apps for it but if anyone has android apps that they like I will look into seeing if they are available cross platform. I would love to find an app that I can track the tractor and also the vehicles in the family fleet.
That'a good idea. It would be also nice to have all of the serial and model numbers, along with the part numbers for maintenance parts.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maintenance app

aCar by zonewalker I use. I have downloaded and checked several. None are perfectly designed for parts, maintenance, repair intervals needed for Tractors. All are triggered by milage and its hard to adapt mileage for hours like on Tractors. aCar let's you add several vehicles/Tractors list parts., maintenance preformed, where, when, etc. It separates them so you can key in specific to one vehicle. The only problem I found with the purchased version is the cheap bastards won't let you install it on your phone and tablet. Tablet would make initial information entries a plus. I wrote them. They said by another license.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Any of you computer gurus know what is a good app development software? I only ask because if a bunch of 7-year-olds can write smartphone apps, then how hard could it be to write one for maintenance based on hours? I can whip up some neat macros in Excel, and I'm guessing the app development software probably uses similar software commands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts