Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking to your death while texting on your iPhone has now become such a serious problem that the US Federal Govt is offering a $2mil grant for cities to combat the problem.
Gave up my iPhone almost 2 years ago after finding I was wasting so much time doing stuff that didn't add any quality to my day.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I don't have a "smarter than me" phone, and do NO texting.

I thought about being really tacky and saying something like "Maybe those that were being talked about in the video are now out of the gene pool", but then, y'all would probably think badly of me, then! :lol:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I don't have a "smarter than me" phone, and do NO texting.

I thought about being really tacky and saying something like "Maybe those that were being talked about in the video are now out of the gene pool", but then, y'all would probably think badly of me, then! :lol:
I wouldn't have. On Monday they sent out a memo at work on this very topic. We've had a sprained ankle, a person walk into another person, a person walk into a bunch of boxes, and a person walk into a forkift all in the past month while texting. I have no sympathy for these people.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, my smartphone has a little screen like a pictue-in-picture that has a live shot via my camcorder mode so I can text and look where Im going all on the screen. Just a slight twitch of the eye and Im good to go... :tongue: Like a backup camera in your car.. :laugh:

Naw, just kidding, Im sure there will be a app for that real soon... :mocking:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well, my smartphone has a little screen like a pictue-in-picture that has a live shot via my camcorder mode so I can text and look where Im going all on the screen. Just a slight twitch of the eye and Im good to go... :tongue: Like a backup camera in your car.. :laugh:

Naw, just kidding, Im sure there will be a app for that real soon... :mocking:

Search "text walk" and you will see there is already quite a few of these apps out there.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Well that's another few million bucks down the tubes for PSA's (Public Service Announcements) that will be ignored because the phone zombies will never look up to see them.

I think the Gummints in North America and Europe are mandating that cars be designed now to minimize injuries to pedestrians because of all the distracted idiots behind the wheel and walking. I'm sure the automatic braking systems used on some cars today will be the next feature mandated by the Gummint.

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
It amazes me the money we spend trying to protect ourselves from us!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Smart phones suck....... but I love mine. Can't imagine going without it.

I use a Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth headset and its voice activated so when I get an incoming call it tells me who it is and asks me whether I want to "Answer or Ignore" and it reads my incoming texts as well and has speech to text so my phone never has to leave my pocket. Pretty cool and love it.
But not for those (women) that need to text a gazillion words a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts