Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the first real test to the electric smoker I bought. Its 40 degrees outside and I am going to be on the fast track to get these ribs done by 5pm and the pork loin by 8 pm. All of this started at 12:15pm.

So I have a 5 pound pork loin on top to drip juices down on the ribs. I have no clue if thats right or not. I have 32 ounces of water in the water bowl and I am cooking at 220.

The guy who bought the ribs asked I BBQ sauce them right off the bat. I did that on the top side. Bones are on the bottom and I am unsure if that is correct.

The unit is warming to 220 then I will add some wood.

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
You're in for a treat Brian! That's looking good so far! :munch:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The meat probe is already at 155. Its nice to have a remote in the house with all this info...LOL...

I already ran out of water and added more.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sure looks yummy. Just don't tell PETA. :laugh: It should stand for PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Please explain this disappearance. We need a play by play of what exactly happened along with the first and last names of those responsible, and the method used which resulted in the disappearance. LOL

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
So, how do you rate your first use of your new smoker? How did your meat turn out? It looked very good.:munch:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything was great. I think the BBQ sauce on the ribs was needed to hold out a little of the smoke. The pork Loin was great, but the end pieces were very smokey. Too much in my opinion, but easy to trim and make perfect.

For starting at noon and eating at 6pm, we did great. Very happy.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Everything was great. I think the BBQ sauce on the ribs was needed to hold out a little of the smoke. The pork Loin was great, but the end pieces were very smokey. Too much in my opinion, but easy to trim and make perfect.

For starting at noon and eating at 6pm, we did great. Very happy.
Guessing I'm too late. Go figure!
SURE looks/looked good!

·
Registered
91 Posts
diary

Keep a log/diary. You mentioned too much smoke. That's easy to control. You can stop adding wood early in the process. Some wrap in foil after enough smoke time (keeps the juice in) and continue in the smoker until correct internal temp is reached. Usually around 200° for me. One advantage of the electric over just wood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts