Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some ads selling "SmokeLess" fire Pit inserts. Sounds interesting. They talk about a double walled insert that uses the space between the wals to direct heated fresh air into the pit at the top. This air is supposed to then promote more complete combustion and thereby reduce the amount of smoke.

Anybody tried one of these smokeless inserts or saw and DIY attempts to dupilcate?

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
We have a Zentro unit, it does a nice job, and there is little smoke once the fire gets hot. It's a bit small IMO but they may have larger ones now looking at this link:

https://breeollc.com/products/zentro/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a Zentro unit, it does a nice job, and there is little smoke once the fire gets hot. It's a bit small IMO but they may have larger ones now looking at this link:

https://breeollc.com/products/zentro/
Thanks, I have seen that product and it looks good. Was wondering if anyone had tried a DIY version?

·
Registered
141 Posts
my DIY solution is using an old washer drum! It has all the holes all over it, cut out the bottom, and it looks so cool with fire inside of it! It gets plenty of oxygen and the smoke doesn't seem bad at all. 'redneck firepit' they call it... some guys mount it to a push mower frame so it's a mobile fire pit :laugh:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
my DIY solution is using an old washer drum! It has all the holes all over it, cut out the bottom, and it looks so cool with fire inside of it! It gets plenty of oxygen and the smoke doesn't seem bad at all. 'redneck firepit' they call it... some guys mount it to a push mower frame so it's a mobile fire pit :laugh:
Is that Hillbilly Deluxe?:lol:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
How does that work, Kenny? Does that "opening" at the top go all the way to the bottom of the fire ring so the fire box can "draw" for better burning?

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I resemble that remark. This is 36" diameter.
This one requires a 54" deck. LOL

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts