Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try and smoke a brisket on the grill. Got up a 4:30 AM, got her on at 6:20.
Could be a waste of $40.00 but what the heck. The wood smells good.
Hope the fire department doesn't show up and put it out.

IMG_0216_1.jpg

Registered
When will it be ready? I can be there in a couple hours.:laugh:

Administrator

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #5
Careful, it may be just an old burnt boot when I cut into it. Never tried smoking a piece of meat on the grill. Come to think of it, I have never smoked a piece of meat period.:lol:
If it turns out well I'll let ya know...........If it doesn't I think I'll just hang low.
I actually invited my wife's sister and man friend over for dinner. I told them if it wasn't any good at least most of it would be gone. Yeah I know,,, I'm a thinker, cool too.

Registered
Careful, it may be just an old burnt boot when I cut into it. Never tried smoking a piece of meat on the grill. Come to think of it, I have never smoked a piece of meat period.:lol:
If it turns out well I'll let ya know...........If it doesn't I think I'll just hang low.
I actually invited my wife's sister and man friend over for dinner. I told them if it wasn't any good at least most of it would be gone. Ya I know,,, I'm a thinker, cool too.
Looks like we got disinvited Kenny.:thumbsdown:

Administrator

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #8
:lol:Well I guess all this share thing and pictures just backfired on me.

Administrator
:lol:Well I guess all this share thing and pictures just backfired on me.
That always happens to the "nice" guys. :cray:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta go,,,,,,,,,,,Wife needs help with the apple pie she's makin.......................:lol:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #12
Yep! Don't know what smells better, the brisket or the apple pie. Guess I'll have to have both.
8 hours on the brisket, meat temperature is only at 160. Gonna be cuttin it close if dinner is at 5:30. If Kenny and DR aren't here I'm eating without them.

Premium Member
Do they make a pto powered apple slicer?
Yeah, they call it a 'Brush Chipper", but with the price of apples this year and the ensueing 'mess', it's probably better to 'hand-cut' them........... Re: Smoking- My fishing partner has become quite an expert. He's competed and even judged some BBQ/Smoking Events. He's turned out some great feasts! Guess the trick, is indirect heat 225-250, pan underneath the meat, (soaked) wood chips on the side in a pan on the flame. "Low & Slow" is his mantra. He's got a wireless thermometer that relays the box temp, and the meat prob temp, and he clocks it every hour. Although he's got a smoker, you can do it as you are, but he blocks the rear grill vent with Aluminum foil to keep the heat and smoke in! I can't make it today. The "Bills" are about to get crushed by San Francisco.........! Let us know the outcome! ~Scotty

Registered
Yep! Don't know what smells better, the brisket or the apple pie. Guess I'll have to have both.
8 hours on the brisket, meat temperature is only at 160. Gonna be cuttin it close if dinner is at 5:30. If Kenny and DR aren't here I'm eating without them.
You disinvited us in favor of your sister-in-law. :thumbsdown:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #16

Administrator
That looks tasty

You have good tastes Gizmo. I noticed the Kuerig in the background there.:good2: We are on our 3rd one in 4 years. Wish they were of JD quality.:lol: Great coffee though.

Premium Member
Yeah, they call it a 'Brush Chipper", but with the price of apples this year and the ensueing 'mess', it's probably better to 'hand-cut' them........... Re: Smoking- My fishing partner has become quite an expert. He's competed and even judged some BBQ/Smoking Events. He's turned out some great feasts! Guess the trick, is indirect heat 225-250, pan underneath the meat, (soaked) wood chips on the side in a pan on the flame. "Low & Slow" is his mantra. He's got a wireless thermometer that relays the box temp, and the meat prob temp, and he clocks it every hour. Although he's got a smoker, you can do it as you are, but he blocks the rear grill vent with Aluminum foil to keep the heat and smoke in! I can't make it today. The "Bills" are about to get crushed by San Francisco.........! Let us know the outcome! ~Scotty
Well, as you can see, the 'crushing' occurred........... Hope the Brisket was as awesome as it looks! Enjoy! ~Scotty

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, as you can see, the 'crushing' occurred........... Hope the Brisket was as awesome as it looks! Enjoy! ~Scotty
It did. I cooked it basically the same way you mentioned. Held the temp to 225 through the whole deal, water pans under the grill grates and meat and wood chip along the hot side of the grill.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #20
You have good tastes Gizmo. I noticed the Kuerig in the background there.:good2: We are on our 3rd one in 4 years. Wish they were of JD quality.:lol: Great coffee though.
Yeah, we are on our 4th one. The one you see is a new one provided under warranty. Pretty good company to deal with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts