Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the brisket turned out sooooo well last weekend I've decided to try a prime rib roast. My wife says my male ego may be getting in the way here, too late now a 13 lb prime rib now sits in the refrigerator. Goin on the grill Sunday all I need is some cherry wood for smoking it.

Registered
...and, I suppose the sister-in-law and her man friend are invited?:nunu:

Administrator
Sounds good!:fed:

I like to smoke a good hunk of meat myself once in a while. :thumbup1gif:

IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1208.JPG

Registered
But, diesel probably shares it with his friends instead of only inviting family.:laugh:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #5
But, diesel probably shares it with his friends instead of only inviting family.:laugh:
Don't know about that but his makes mine look like a hamburger. He's such a show off.:laugh:

Administrator
Don't sell yourself short. Yours looked really good. Besides, you said you'd send any leftovers. I never got any....:unknown: Must have been tasty.

Administrator
No. It's a Kamado Joe ClassicJoe grill. It's essentially the same thing with more features and a cheaper price. Better warranty too.:thumbup1gif:

Registered
Seems like a good weekend for smoking. I have a brisket in the fridge already coated in rub. I will throw it on the smoker in the morning. Hopefully I will do as well as gizmo did last week.

Lee

Registered
I will be grilling a dry aged beef tenderloin on Sunday. It's been sitting in the fridge for the last 16 days and almost ready to cook. I'll be using my Green Egg to cook it on.

Registered
Kamodo Joe Pizza!:fed:

IMG_5717.jpg IMG_6143.jpg

Registered
I will be grilling a dry aged beef tenderloin on Sunday. It's been sitting in the fridge for the last 16 days and almost ready to cook. I'll be using my Green Egg to cook it on.
Can you please share your process?

Administrator

Registered
Can you please share your process?
I have dry aged many different cuts of beef in my fridge and have had wonderful results. First, get yourself a good cut of meat, wrap it in cheese cloth ( no more than three wraps ) and place it in your fridge in a spot that will remain below 40 degrees F. The cheese cloth will be quite bloody after 24 hours so unwrap the beef and then re wrap it with the same cheese cloth. (you can use new cheese cloth if you want ) This will prevent the cheese cloth fibers from sticking to the beef. Then you wait....longer is better. Once you reach a point where you can't wait any longer, remove the cheese cloth and cut away all of the black meat you see. My dog goes ape over this stuff so I keep it in a plastic bag and use it for her treats.

You will lose about 25% of your beef but you will gain enormously with the flavor.

Enjoy.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like a good weekend for smoking. I have a brisket in the fridge already coated in rub. I will throw it on the smoker in the morning. Hopefully I will do as well as gizmo did last week.

Lee
Good lookin out. Post up the results, everyone has to eat and I happen to like it.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Discussion Starter #16
I have dry aged many different cuts of beef in my fridge and have had wonderful results. First, get yourself a good cut of meat, wrap it in cheese cloth ( no more than three wraps ) and place it in your fridge in a spot that will remain below 40 degrees F. The cheese cloth will be quite bloody after 24 hours so unwrap the beef and then re wrap it with the same cheese cloth. (you can use new cheese cloth if you want ) This will prevent the cheese cloth fibers from sticking to the beef. Then you wait....longer is better. Once you reach a point where you can't wait any longer, remove the cheese cloth and cut away all of the black meat you see. My dog goes ape over this stuff so I keep it in a plastic bag and use it for her treats.

You will lose about 25% of your beef but you will gain enormously with the flavor.

Enjoy.
"Once you reach a point where you can't wait any longer" That would be the next day!:lol:
So how do ya cook it? Do ya smoke it or just grill it?

Registered

Enjoy.
Just set in on a plate in the vegetable crisper section of the fridge? Should I turn it occasionally ?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts