1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you do some kind of rub prior to smoking them and if so would you share the recipe or at least the general gist?

Happy Easter!

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts

·
Administrator
17,258 Posts

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're coming along nicely. :thumbup1gif:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428271787.246941.jpg

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time to dig in!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428274181.276493.jpg

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I'll definitely give it a look! I'm always on the lookout for new recipes - especially bbq ones! :thumbup1gif:
Well, I'm a BBQ and Big Green Egg fanatic. You will be welcome here, but you have to share. I also have some links you might like, assuming you're a newby. What grills/smokers do you have? What do you like to cook? How are you with briskit? I would also be interested to hear how you make out on my Baby Back rib/rubb recipe. Do you have a smoker?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, I'm a BBQ and Big Green Egg fanatic. You will be welcome here, but you have to share. I also have some links you might like, assuming you're a newby. What grills/smokers do you have? What do you like to cook? How are you with briskit? I would also be interested to hear how you make out on my Baby Back rib/rubb recipe. Do you have a smoker?
Sorry about the delay in answering your questions!

I would be happy to post the "go to" recipes I use for BBQ but with full disclosure I have had really good success with Weber's Big Book of Grilling For me it is a great all purpose grilling recipe book that covers pretty much all the things you would want to throw on a grill. I'm a Weber propane griller probably due to my impatient nature as well as my need for consistency which I find I can achieve using propane v charcoal. I have never smoked meat but one day I would like to set myself up with the equipment to do so. For brisket I like the Weber recipe which called for a dry rub and then a long braise in a stout based liquid. I get great results with that.

One thing that I do on a regular basis is make sausage. I do two different kinds for the most part - The first is ground pork with jalapeños and horseradish and seasoned with fresh sage and the other is a mild chicken sausage with fresh rosemary and sun dried tomatoes. I either make it in bulk and bake in sausage rolls in puff pastry or stuff it in hog casings like shown here:

I'm going to give your baby back recipe a shot. I have a friend who is a farmer that I buy 1/2 pigs from, He will have one ready for processing this May and I'll use your recipe then if I don't get some ribs before then!

I love pork ribs either on the bone or country style. I could eat them every day with some homemade cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet and either a big glass of milk or beer (I can go either way depending on the mood)

HAPPY GRILLING!! :good2:

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Those sausage ideas sound AWESOME!! Want to post those recipes too? :fed:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
So when and where is the next Board Meeting?
I have no idea. I just happened to show up at the last one, on short notice, almost unannounced. I just happened to be passing through. BUT...I can definitely fit your signature, 2Lane!! If weather is good, I'll probably make another one unannounced, just because I intend to do a little traveling. No one is safe now, from me just "dropping in"! :mocking: I don't mind crashing a meeting, as long as I'm not crashing an airplane!! :laugh:

It sure would make things easier if they'd tell me about these things!!! :nunu:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Sorry about the delay in answering your questions!

I would be happy to post the "go to" recipes I use for BBQ but with full disclosure I have had really good success with Weber's Big Book of Grilling For me it is a great all purpose grilling recipe book that covers pretty much all the things you would want to throw on a grill. I'm a Weber propane griller probably due to my impatient nature as well as my need for consistency which I find I can achieve using propane v charcoal. I have never smoked meat but one day I would like to set myself up with the equipment to do so. For brisket I like the Weber recipe which called for a dry rub and then a long braise in a stout based liquid. I get great results with that.

One thing that I do on a regular basis is make sausage. I do two different kinds for the most part - The first is ground pork with jalapeños and horseradish and seasoned with fresh sage and the other is a mild chicken sausage with fresh rosemary and sun dried tomatoes. I either make it in bulk and bake in sausage rolls in puff pastry or stuff it in hog casings like shown here:

I'm going to give your baby back recipe a shot. I have a friend who is a farmer that I buy 1/2 pigs from, He will have one ready for processing this May and I'll use your recipe then if I don't get some ribs before then!

I love pork ribs either on the bone or country style. I could eat them every day with some homemade cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet and either a big glass of milk or beer (I can go either way depending on the mood)

HAPPY GRILLING!! :good2:
That seems like one really long sausage casing. I'm intrigued. Is that over 3 feet? That's a long one where I get mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts