Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my generator repair school our labs included the tools we needed. They had these cheap tool carts and cheap mismatched tools. The tools worked but carts seemed cheesy. They were about 30 inches or so wide. About 40 high and 24 deep. Flip up lid and three drawers. Wheels on the carts that were much like the ones bolted on WalMart carts. Wobbly and pulled to right.

Years rolled by. Much better than those carts. Cruising through eBay and Facebook Market Place I noticed that these tool carts are made by everyone. In many different colors and styles. I lean towards MAC Tools. Mainly because I went to school with a MAC Tool sales guy. I really liked the green color ones MAC and Snap On makes. With the full six drawers.

I then found this one. A Snap On Camaro Fiftieth Anniversary Epic Cart. I fell in love. Found it on FB. Near Dayton Ohio. The guy was an absolute rockstar. He crated it like a boss. I used Fastenal Blue Line shipping. They got it to Battle Creek MI in two days for an easy C note.

The queen was not near as excited about it as I am but not everyone can appreciate the sweet stuff.

0F34A755-7C64-4B1A-B31D-2CFEDDEB225F.jpeg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice, it’d look better if it said Challenger or Mopar on it.
Haha. There is a really nice tool box in Plum Crazy for sale. I'm a GM guy through and through. But I do have a soft spot for Mopars. Mainly Superbees.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Haha. There is a really nice tool box in Plum Crazy for sale. I'm a GM guy through and through. But I do have a soft spot for Mopars. Mainly Superbees.
Yes, my pastor comments on how it is a fallen world nearly every other Sunday...

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I bought a MAC two drawer cart with the lift lid and lower shelf. Found it on CL for $75. I usually put the parts/tools I need for the current project in it and empty the tools back to big boxes when done. Saves a lot of running (if I grab all the proper tools the first time) 😁

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I’ve had this Mac cart for 15 or 16 years. It was one of the first built. Snap on and Cornwell both build one like it now that are much better quality. Maybe someday View attachment 730817
That is a great looking cart! I like the split top. I was amazed how many colors and styles offered by pretty much all the major players in the tool biz. I was pretty close to chasing down a used green MAC until I seen the Camaro cart. There is some matching Snap On EPIC three bay carts with hutches Camaro 50th boxes. They are only 300 of them numbered. Not for the faint of heart. Maybe someday. My Snap on cart has the forgiving rhino liner type top. I'm sure that will pay off with the queen roaming around the garage.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice cart!
But i gotta tell ya, i watched a couple YouTube vids of the new Mac cart. It is a real thing of
beauty.

Check it out.

I loved the video. My MAC guy has been sidelined since our bat sh*t crazy governor chose to make him non essential despite keeping all the auto repair shops open. I spent a dangerous hour in his barn raiding his truck the other night. I only went down for some files and left with a pry bar set and some new star type allen sockets that are not supposed to slip or round out the heads. Anyway he said I made a good buy on my Snap on cart despite not being MAC. The tool box I have in my service truck is a Snap On KR-650 A that he actually sold me. He took in on trade to a guy who purchased a new tool box set up from him.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We haven’t had a tool man in the shop since this started either. For the most part no one is upset about it either. The only one who shows up any more is a snap on guy that if I used all the proper words to describe him I would get kicked out of this forum. The Mac man quit just before Christmas but won’t let the territory go so a new guy can’t move in. Amazon and ebay for me if I need anything. Getting warranty involve mail.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I loved the video. My MAC guy has been sidelined since our bat sh*t crazy governor chose to make him non essential despite keeping all the auto repair shops open. I spent a dangerous hour in his barn raiding his truck the other night. I only went down for some files and left with a pry bar set and some new star type allen sockets that are not supposed to slip or round out the heads. Anyway he said I made a good buy on my Snap on cart despite not being MAC. The tool box I have in my service truck is a Snap On KR-650 A that he actually sold me. He took in on trade to a guy who purchased a new tool box set up from him.
That's weird. Repair shops are open yet the tool guy is not.
I'm on a pipeline that has been deemed essential. But i think all construction is here pretty much. We have a Snap On guy that stops for the mechanic. Man it is tough not to drop a hundy evrytime he pulls in lol. Snap On does have nice Made in USA socks that i've been restocking my warn out sock drawer with.😂

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We haven’t had a tool man in the shop since this started either. For the most part no one is upset about it either. The only one who shows up any more is a snap on guy that if I used all the proper words to describe him I would get kicked out of this forum. The Mac man quit just before Christmas but won’t let the territory go so a new guy can’t move in. Amazon and ebay for me if I need anything. Getting warranty involve mail.
I can imagine! Give your wallet a chance to heal.
My friend who has the MAC franchise is a great guy. Good personality and easy to work with. Plus, I've know him most of my life. I have some snap on tools. Those I have to chase the truck down like a dog chases a car. The two guys I have dealt with cover the area near our shop. One is super quiet. You have to almost beat two words out of him. The other guy seems to be over the top arrogant. But I don't know him well enough to say for sure. The one thing I do know is let him be that way. He as two black belts in marshal arts and enjoys pain.
I too have picked a few things up from eBay or FB Marketplace. But I do enjoy my visits to my friend 'Ghandi' and his MAC tool truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts