Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I leave the front blade on my x710 in a raised position, a day or two later I'll notice it's dropped to the floor.

Is this normal, or indicative of a leak? For what it's worth, I don't see any obvious oil spilling anywhere, and every time I check the transmission oil it's fine.

·
Premium Member
13,934 Posts
There is a very small leak in the seals but this is "normal".

Typically you should lower your implement when you park the tractor.

If you want to keep the blade up off the floor, put a couple pieces of 2x4 under it.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Actually, it is the nature of the design, These cylinders are not designed to keep it an implement up for extended periods of time with no pressure in the lines. It was designed to slowly drain with the Hydraulic pump off and not providing pressurized fluid (y)

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is a very small leak in the seals but this is "normal".

Typically you should lower your implement when you park the tractor.

If you want to keep the blade up off the floor, put a couple pieces of 2x4 under it.
This is 100% spot on correct. I always put a 2x4 under my plow blade and lower it onto that after clearing snow.
I also do this with the rear ballast box on my 3025D so I dont have all that weight hanging off of the 3 point when I'm not using the machine. I built a stand out of 4x4s to support the BB so it's safe and solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts