Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Looking for a little help ... I have 47" 2 stage blower on my 2210 and the chute will not turn. I did take a heat gun and made sure that there was no snow or ice build up on the idler pulleys and the mechanism that slids back and forth.

Am wondering is the 7 days of below zero weather could be the issue and if I should pull the cylinder off and bring it inside and let it warm up for a bit.

Thanks you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you have up and down on the quick hitch? Can you hear a hydraulic load when you try to go left and right with the chute?

Reactions: JeffB1

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

Look in the discharge port, make sure there isn't a big clump of ice stopping it from turning, also, move the chute around with your hands, it should be loose a bit, if it doesn't flop a bit, it may be packed with ice in between it and the blower mount plates.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Disconnect and reconnect the hydraulic hoses for the chute.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have up and down on the quick hitch? Can you hear a hydraulic load when you try to go left and right with the chute?

Yes I have up and down and can hear it load up when I try and go side to side, but wont budge.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a cable (wire rope) that wraps around the base of the chute.

I had to replace mine this fall, it rusted, frayed and broke.

Did you check to see if the cable is broken or disconnected?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a cable (wire rope) that wraps around the base of the chute.

I had to replace mine this fall, it rusted, frayed and broke.

Did you check to see if the cable is broken or disconnected?
Yes the cabling is all in good shape, its just so weird .... the hydraulic hoses flex when I move the lever from side to side but the piston just does not seem to want to budge.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yes the cabling is all in good shape, its just so weird .... the hydraulic hoses flex when I move the lever from side to side but the piston just does not seem to want to budge.
I'm beginning to suspect an internal hydraulic cylinder issue like the rod and piston separated or mechanical binding. You may have to disconnect then remove the cylinder from the blower, put it in a vice and pull on the rod, if it comes out, you have found your problem, if it doesn't move at all, you have also found your problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm beginning to suspect an internal hydraulic cylinder issue like the rod and piston separated or mechanical binding. You may have to disconnect then remove the cylinder from the blower, put it in a vice and pull on the rod, if it comes out, you have found your problem, if it doesn't move at all, you have also found your problem.
Hi Tom, I suspect you are right. Was hoping that it would work itself out with some warmer temps, but am thinking that pulling the cylinder is going to be need to happen and see what I find ... better to do it between snow events and while not -10 :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took everything apart

Thank you for the suggestion. I took the hydraulic lines off the cylinder, and was able to move the chute by hand side to side and fluid came out when going in either direction. I then fully removed and it seems to be doing what it is suppose to, so I will put it all back together tomorrow and see what happens. Am wondering if the extreme temps we had froze the lines or something like that ... more to come.

Reactions: keane
1 - 10 of 10 Posts