Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plucked up a Canadian made snow blower 6 ft for $600 bucks. It's missing the extension rid for the shoot rotation. I have hydriolics at the rear, I was thinking of cutting that fitting off. Then welding a u joint and then make a handle out of 1/2 pipe

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
That fitting looks like half of what's called a "lovejoy" coupling, no need to cut that off-you can buy the other half and the rubber piece that goes in between. The hardest part will be finding a motor that turns slow enough for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That fitting looks like half of what's called a "lovejoy" coupling, no need to cut that off-you can buy the other half and the rubber piece that goes in between. The hardest part will be finding a motor that turns slow enough for a reasonable price.
I don't mind fabing it up and turning by hand. If anyone has a Link for the fitting and rubber coupling that would be great

·
Registered
357 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
I don't mind fabing it up and turning by hand. If anyone has a Link for the fitting and rubber coupling that would be great
Google "lovejoy coupler", many places carry them-its a very common coupling. I assumed you wanted hydraulic rotation when you wrote that you had hydraulics at the rear of the machine.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the purpose of the coupling in this application? Doesn't make sense to me.

Google "lovejoy coupler", many places carry them-its a very common coupling. I assumed you wanted hydraulic rotation when you wrote that you had hydraulics at the rear of the machine.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
What is the purpose of the coupling in this application? Doesn't make sense to me.
They are for connecting a motor to a load or other things that spin. They compensate for slight misalignment and prevent stresses and vibration from being transmitted to the bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts