Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 1025r and snowblower...Do anyone of you have experience with this setup, pros/con's etc.....I would like a quick disconnect unit from the front loader...Does JD offer this setup....

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
There is no loader mounted snowblower available for the 1 series tractors form any company, they are just to small. There tons of members with the front quick attach 47" and 54" snowblowers from JD on the 1 and 2 series machines.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I have the 54" front mount blower. It works well. The 47" blower would be fine too. My 1026 has its pants full with the 54" blower in 20" + of wet snow.But, it gets the job done. I have cleared 4' drifts. My blower has never plugged .

The bower isn't hard to put on. But even so if you need the loader a lot you may want a rear blower instead.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I am considering a 1025r and snowblower...Do anyone of you have experience with this setup, pros/con's etc.....I would like a quick disconnect unit from the front loader...Does JD offer this setup....
Tried using the FEL.... What a joke, took 3 hours to clear my drive. Bought the 47" front mount and did the same in a half hour. Not sure I would like a plow much either, due to my drive being dear ended and boxed in by two buildings, or will be in the spring.
Yeah, the smoke screw could be turned in just a bit to give more guts, but I will like with it as is.... I like not burning fuel, too much fuel, anyway! :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Have the 47" blower on my 1026r ,no regrets. Yes I have frt and rear blade and fel. Can't say how long it would take with fel doing the 13-19 drives I do.
Takes over 3 hrs with front angle blade, under 3hrs with blower.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
968 Posts
1023E w/54" blower, boy does this thing throw snow. The 4 foot drifts the full length of my driveway is no problem for this tractor. I am amazed at the distance it shoots the snow out. No chains and no weight added just the 4 wheel drive and it seems to go anywhere. Even the heavy wet stuff is no problem. I'm one happy guy with this tractor. I have one of the early models with the 23.6 horse power engines. Later purchases may be lesser power according to JD published material. That being the case you may be advised to go for the 1025R.

·
Registered
11 Posts
47 in front mount here on my 1025R...it's definitely quicker than with FEL but.....FEL is better if you have unknown terrain or possible junk inside the crusted snow...it depneds on your needs.

I'm using both of them depending on the projects i have, but for pure snow removal...the snowblower is really hard to beat...quick and effective...! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
47 in front mount here on my 1025R...it's definitely quicker than with FEL but.....FEL is better if you have unknown terrain or possible junk inside the crusted snow...it depneds on your needs.

I'm using both of them depending on the projects i have, but for pure snow removal...the snowblower is really hard to beat...quick and effective...! :)
Thanks for the info...it helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
54" snow blower

54" snow blower with just beet juice in the rear tires on a 1025R. This has done a great job here fighting winter in Western New York. Make sure you have plenty of shear bolts because when obstructions occur the tractor doesn't even grunt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
54" snow blower with just beet juice in the rear tires on a 1025R. This has done a great job here fighting winter in Western New York. Make sure you have plenty of shear bolts because when obstructions occur the tractor doesn't even grunt.
Thanks...I am considering a 54" on my 1025r...sounds as if it can handel it

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
I used my 2305 with a 54" blower in Montana. We lived at the north end of the Gallatin range, south end of the Bridger range (mountain range that is....)

Had the blower especially for the big snows, and for drifts!

My neighbor had a tuff time busting drifts with his Meyer plow on his plow truck, even in a V.

54" blower went right on through and the 2305 didn't even work hard.

In the deep stuff I would have to raise up the blower to take off the top. If you have to do this some good ballast on the back helps. That blower is heavy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
54" snow blower here on a 1025

just went through my 1st winter with the 1025 just upgraded from. 1998 JD445 with. 47" blower and that never let me down this new one is an animal i love it and the everything attachment sand and salt / fertilizer spreader it's worth every penny paid:greentractorride:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts