Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought a JD 445 and I bought a snow blower and plow from someone else. The blower came with the driveshaft and a support bearing. This blower allegedly is for a 425/445/455. The blower came with a drive shaft support bearing shown below. I don't see any place on the tractor that have this bolt pattern to accept this bearing. I do have what appears to be a pass through for the front axel. Where do I mount this bearing? Thanks!

Door Handle Dead bolt Button Circle

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
935 Posts
You are missing some parts. See attached installation guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Glad to help. I had my 47" blowers on my 445 from 1995 until 2013 when I moved the second blower (first blower rusted in half at fan housing.) over to the 1026R. My blower is apart now because the Key in the Auger gear box to the auger shaft is wallowed out and I am waiting for my son to mill a new keyway in the shaft instead of paying JDs price for a new shaft. Did you get the Quick Hitch for the blower? When i moved the blower to the 1026R, I had to buy a new short drive shaft on the blower and the Up-Stop for the blower. The 47/54" QuickHitch Blower fits many different models of John Deere tractors and the only thing different between the various tractors is the drive shaft and Up-stop.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I got the 54" Blade in 1994 with my 445. I found the skid feet would dig into my Gravel Drive Way when I angled the blade to push snow. I bought a set of Mushroom feet for a Western Snow Plow and some pipe nipples the Mushroom Stems would fit and Welded the Nipples to the Plow Blade just outboard of the original skid feet and that works great. I found I could not plow my 1/10 mile driveway with the Lake Effect so I bought the Blower the next year. I do use the Blade on the 445 along with the Blower on the 1026R in the spring when the Blower can't handle the melting slush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts